By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That was NOT Link in the Zelda U teaser!

MDMAlliance said:
Nicklesbe said:

You arn't considering everything. If that were true you would consider that they are indeed boobs instead of dismissing it as shirt fluff and your only piece of evidence wouldn't be a single photo from one angle followed by unrealistic speculation.

I'm done talking about this with you.  You just brought this argument full circle and making underhanded insults.

You are done because you know I'm right and at this point it could be either. I have yet to use a single insult, all I've done was present facts and evidence. If you find the fact that I pointed out all you have offered is baseless speculation insulting then that's on you, because it's by no means an insult.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nicklesbe said:

What are you going to say if it turns out to be a girl? At least I'm keeping the option open for it to be either. Apparently you never saw the trailer for Ocarina of time where they infact put in Zelda dressed as a man. It's better to be open to any possibility instead of being irrational and ignoring evidence for either scenario. 

MDMAlliance said:

No, I am considering everything.  My argument is that we have no definitive evidence either way.   I am not ignoring your so called "evidence."  All those other angles could be a wrinkle in the shirt given that in those shots, "Link" is moving.  Cloth physics probably are playing a part.  Also, the lighting itself may be deceiving what you're seeing.  And it's extremely subtle what you're pointing out that you can't really make ANY call on it.  You're the one being irrational because ALL it takes is ONE piece to take apart another claim.  AKA this is a contradiction to your statements.  What you're providing isn't a contradiction to what I'm presenting because I'm not the one making the claims that the character is female/has boobs.

Lets be real, that trailer alone was not enough evidence to support something as drastic as a lead change in the Main Line Zelda game for the console.

The fact that you're disagreeing means that too much open interpretation and speculation is floating around.

Occam's Razor would also argue against it, its simply more likely a redesign then a lead change.

Let me see another trailer and here this characters voice. Then I'll decide, the clothes alone doesn't support the argument of this being a girl as their are rarely any tomboys, both in nature and in dress, in the hyrule universe. The exception would probably be Sheik, but thats a disguise not a lifestyle choice.

Well I don't know, Saria looked pretty much like a boy, but then again she was supposed to look like a 7 years old, who I suppose don't look much different from boys to girls...

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nicklesbe said:

What are you going to say if it turns out to be a girl? At least I'm keeping the option open for it to be either. Apparently you never saw the trailer for Ocarina of time where they infact put in Zelda dressed as a man. It's better to be open to any possibility instead of being irrational and ignoring evidence for either scenario. 

MDMAlliance said:

No, I am considering everything.  My argument is that we have no definitive evidence either way.   I am not ignoring your so called "evidence."  All those other angles could be a wrinkle in the shirt given that in those shots, "Link" is moving.  Cloth physics probably are playing a part.  Also, the lighting itself may be deceiving what you're seeing.  And it's extremely subtle what you're pointing out that you can't really make ANY call on it.  You're the one being irrational because ALL it takes is ONE piece to take apart another claim.  AKA this is a contradiction to your statements.  What you're providing isn't a contradiction to what I'm presenting because I'm not the one making the claims that the character is female/has boobs.

Lets be real, that trailer alone was not enough evidence to support something as drastic as a lead change in the Main Line Zelda game for the console.

The fact that you're disagreeing means that too much open interpretation and speculation is floating around.

Occam's Razor would also argue against it, its simply more likely a redesign then a lead change.

Let me see another trailer and here this characters voice. Then I'll decide, the clothes alone doesn't support the argument of this being a girl as their are rarely any tomboys, both in nature and in dress, in the hyrule universe. The exception would probably be Sheik, but thats a disguise not a lifestyle choice.

Except that was my point.  I wasn't saying the character IS male or IS female, I was arguing against KNOWING one way or the other, or saying that the character DOES have BOOBS.  That was the point.

You can't say it IS or ISN'T Link, at all. All he said was "no one explicitly said it was".

If it is, he looks fine. If it's another character, well great, bring on Link.

Either way, people need to not shit their pants over nothing. The game looks amazing.

MDMAlliance said:

Except that was my point.  I wasn't saying the character IS male or IS female, I was arguing against KNOWING one way or the other, or saying that the character DOES have BOOBS.  That was the point.

I completly understand thats whyI'm agreeing with you, I'm just arbitrating the argument. That was the point lol.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
MDMAlliance said:

I completly understand thats whyI'm agreeing with you, I'm just arbitrating the argument. That was the point lol.

I already ended the argument anyway.  

It's Flink, Link's androgynous daughter-son. Riding the youthful horse Drepona. I mean, that horse is poppin', did you see it fling Flink into the air for that bow shot??

Nicklesbe said:
VanceIX said:
Nicklesbe said:
VanceIX said:

I don't see anything either. He looks plenty masculine, unless there's some crazy Sheik-level transformation gong on here.

Plus, who other than Link has a horse and uses unique weapons?

Zelda for one. Also it's not links horse they are riding. Pleanty masculine for a transvestite maybe with boobs visible from literally every other angle.

That's not Zelda.

I think we're looking too deeply into this. Unless there's magical tranformation going on, I doubt it's not Link. And I even further doubt Nintendo puts a transvestite in an E3 trailer for one of their biggest games.

Alright, if that's a female, you can have sig privileges for my account for an entire month. If not, I'll have the same for you. Or are you not confident enough?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

The biggest odyssey the internet has ever faced...finding out if the Link in this trailer is male or female.

Nintendo and PC gamer

MDMAlliance said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nicklesbe said:

MDMAlliance said:

That wasn't your point until it was pointed out that there isn't enough evidence to support your original claim. You said numerous times that one single photo form one angle proved it wasn't a girl. Truth is it didn't all it did was add speculation.  Granted there is speculation on either side but that's been my point.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)