By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That was NOT Link in the Zelda U teaser!

Carl2291 said:

Looking into it further, a lot of strange things.

The horse aint Epona. It doesnt have a white mane or tail. This is Epona -

The horse that "Link" is riding in the new trailer has a black mane and tail.

Like the horse Ganon rides in the ocarina of time?.... Maybe the guy who posted about this character being a link that went bad is on to something? 

Around the Network
jlrx said:
superchunk said:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/zelda-creator-teases-that-we-didnt-see-link-in-wii-u-trailer/

That trailer for the new Legend of Zelda for the Wii U sure looked great, didn’t it? But what was up with Link? He wasn’t wearing his iconic green tunic or hat. Why did Link look so weird?

“No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

That’s what Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma told me when I asked him about Link’s, or whoever it is’, new appearance during an interview at Nintendo’s E3 booth. He said this with a smile and a laugh. Could the bow-wielding hero we just saw not be Link, the star of every game in the series history?

Earlier in the interview, Aonuma told me that he was always looking for ways to shake up the series conventions. We saw this in the recent A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS, which let you explore dungeons in any order you wanted while renting items from a store. But a Zelda game without Link as the main hero? That would be a huge blow to tradition.

So, who is that? The outfit actually looks like the same one Link wore in the beginning of The Wind Waker. Aonuma himself smiled when I brought up this connection. Could this new entry be tied to that universe? Of course, that doesn’t explain why this wouldn’t be Link. Maybe it’s a child of a Link we already played as, like the one from Wind Waker or Skyward Sword. Let the speculation begin.

New character?! Was it a new version of Zelda?

It was a young Ganon, going by the forearm covers.

Mayvbe we learn Ganon is a link who went bad!

I think that would be a pretty cool twist to whole world of Zelda. There's so much they could do with it... I actually hope you're right.

I patiently await the day Sony and Nintendo kiss and make up and we get a Zelda/Ico/SOTC crossover.

VanceIX said:
Nicklesbe said:
VanceIX said:
Nicklesbe said:
VanceIX said:

I don't see anything either. He looks plenty masculine, unless there's some crazy Sheik-level transformation gong on here.

Plus, who other than Link has a horse and uses unique weapons?

Zelda for one. Also it's not links horse they are riding. Pleanty masculine for a transvestite maybe with boobs visible from literally every other angle.

That's not Zelda.

I think we're looking too deeply into this. Unless there's magical tranformation going on, I doubt it's not Link. And I even further doubt Nintendo puts a transvestite in an E3 trailer for one of their biggest games.

What are you going to say if it turns out to be a girl? At least I'm keeping the option open for it to be either. Apparently you never saw the trailer for Ocarina of time where they infact put in Zelda dressed as a man. It's better to be open to any possibility instead of being irrational and ignoring evidence for either scenario. 

Alright, if that's a female, you can have sig privileges for my account for an entire month. If not, I'll have the same for you. Or are you not confident enough?

I'm perfectly confident it could be either so sure. However lets set some ground rules other than an entire month. Obviously it shouldn't be something that could get either banned. The size should be visible but not so large that it breaks rules. It shouldn't be offensive to either person or other gamers, and it shouldn't be insults toward either person. Just light hearted and fun. If you can agree to those paramiters then sure. If not then no. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
MDMAlliance said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nicklesbe said:

What are you going to say if it turns out to be a girl? At least I'm keeping the option open for it to be either. Apparently you never saw the trailer for Ocarina of time where they infact put in Zelda dressed as a man. It's better to be open to any possibility instead of being irrational and ignoring evidence for either scenario. 

MDMAlliance said:

No, I am considering everything.  My argument is that we have no definitive evidence either way.   I am not ignoring your so called "evidence."  All those other angles could be a wrinkle in the shirt given that in those shots, "Link" is moving.  Cloth physics probably are playing a part.  Also, the lighting itself may be deceiving what you're seeing.  And it's extremely subtle what you're pointing out that you can't really make ANY call on it.  You're the one being irrational because ALL it takes is ONE piece to take apart another claim.  AKA this is a contradiction to your statements.  What you're providing isn't a contradiction to what I'm presenting because I'm not the one making the claims that the character is female/has boobs.

Lets be real, that trailer alone was not enough evidence to support something as drastic as a lead change in the Main Line Zelda game for the console.

The fact that you're disagreeing means that too much open interpretation and speculation is floating around.

Occam's Razor would also argue against it, its simply more likely a redesign then a lead change.

Let me see another trailer and here this characters voice. Then I'll decide, the clothes alone doesn't support the argument of this being a girl as their are rarely any tomboys, both in nature and in dress, in the hyrule universe. The exception would probably be Sheik, but thats a disguise not a lifestyle choice.

Except that was my point.  I wasn't saying the character IS male or IS female, I was arguing against KNOWING one way or the other, or saying that the character DOES have BOOBS.  That was the point.

That wasn't your point until it was pointed out that there isn't enough evidence to support your original claim. You said numerous times that one single photo form one angle proved it wasn't a girl. Truth is it didn't all it did was add speculation.  Granted there is speculation on either side but that's been my point.

My first reply to you was to say that the one photo proved you wrong about there being a "valley" in the center of the shirt.  It shows in the photo that it's flat there.  I wasn't saying "this is proof 'Link' is a female."   My second reply wasn't to you and I said that nothing "definitively" proves the "Link" to be a female.  My second reply to YOU SPECIFICALLY states that.  I'll copy/paste it for you:

If you pay attention to the screenshot, you will see that there isn't any "valley" at all here.  This angle proves that there's not actually any "proof" that there are breasts there at all.  Maybe this is a "female Link," but most likely not given this screen debunks the "Look, there are boobs" claims.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
Nicklesbe said:
MDMAlliance said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nicklesbe said:

MDMAlliance said:

No, I am considering everything.  My argument is that we have no definitive evidence either way.   I am not ignoring your so called "evidence."  All those other angles could be a wrinkle in the shirt given that in those shots, "Link" is moving.  Cloth physics probably are playing a part.  Also, the lighting itself may be deceiving what you're seeing.  And it's extremely subtle what you're pointing out that you can't really make ANY call on it.  You're the one being irrational because ALL it takes is ONE piece to take apart another claim.  AKA this is a contradiction to your statements.  What you're providing isn't a contradiction to what I'm presenting because I'm not the one making the claims that the character is female/has boobs.

Lets be real, that trailer alone was not enough evidence to support something as drastic as a lead change in the Main Line Zelda game for the console.

The fact that you're disagreeing means that too much open interpretation and speculation is floating around.

Occam's Razor would also argue against it, its simply more likely a redesign then a lead change.

Let me see another trailer and here this characters voice. Then I'll decide, the clothes alone doesn't support the argument of this being a girl as their are rarely any tomboys, both in nature and in dress, in the hyrule universe. The exception would probably be Sheik, but thats a disguise not a lifestyle choice.

Except that was my point.  I wasn't saying the character IS male or IS female, I was arguing against KNOWING one way or the other, or saying that the character DOES have BOOBS.  That was the point.

That wasn't your point until it was pointed out that there isn't enough evidence to support your original claim. You said numerous times that one single photo form one angle proved it wasn't a girl. Truth is it didn't all it did was add speculation.  Granted there is speculation on either side but that's been my point.

My first reply to you was to say that the one photo proved you wrong about there being a "valley" in the center of the shirt.  It shows in the photo that it's flat there.  I wasn't saying "this is proof 'Link' is a female."   My second reply wasn't to you and I said that nothing "definitively" proves the "Link" to be a female.  My second reply to YOU SPECIFICALLY states that.  I'll copy/paste it for you:

If you pay attention to the screenshot, you will see that there isn't any "valley" at all here.  This angle proves that there's not actually any "proof" that there are breasts there at all.  Maybe this is a "female Link," but most likely not given this screen debunks the "Look, there are boobs" claims.

In that case I apologize because clearly I've been mistaken and this has been a large misunderstanding and at the end of the say we are pretty much saying the exact same thing lol.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:

I'm perfectly confident it could be either so sure. However lets set some ground rules other than an entire month. Obviously it shouldn't be something that could get either banned. The size should be visible but not so large that it breaks rules. It shouldn't be offensive to either person or other gamers, and it shouldn't be insults toward either person. Just light hearted and fun. If you can agree to those paramiters then sure. If not then no. 

Works for me :)

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

If the protagonist is not Link I will buy this game used in the bargain bin.

AshKetchum1992 said:

If the protagonist is not Link I will buy this game used in the bargain bin.

I dunno, changing the protagonist also has the potential for renewing the series as well.

Guys, this is not Link. This is not Zelda. This is Valley of the Flood.

Everything is almost connecting:
Steampunk change to some kind of futuristic magical world (lasers, robots).
Protagonist is not Link but someone who believes is a descendant (that's why no green tunic, no Epona).
No Master Sword.
Light Arrows now changed to bomb and magic arrows.

Jesús!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile