By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FUD debunked :ps3 profits eclipse (x360+wii)'s combined profits in Germany.

just got this from gamefont.

ps3 sales profits have eclipsed the combined profit of x360 and Wii in Germany. 

"Deutschland: ca. 7,3 Mio. Euro Umsatz mit PS3-Software

10.05.07 - media control gibt bekannt, dass mit Spielen für die PlayStation3 seit der Markteinführung in Deutschland Umsätze von rund Euro 7,3 Mio. erzielt wurden. Das derzeit beliebteste Spiel ist das RPG The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

Der Umsatz entspricht annähernd dem Wert, den Nintendos Wii (4,3 Mio. Euro) und Microsofts Xbox 360 (3,4 Mio. Euro) im gleichen Zeitraum gemeinsam erzielten. Besonders gefragt waren die Angebote für die PS3 in den Wochen nach Markteinführung. Vergangene Woche bewegten sich die Zahlen der drei Konkurrenten auf ähnlichem Niveau.

Die neuen media control Charts der PS3 sehen derzeit wie folgt aus:

1. The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (Ubisoft)
2. F.E.A.R. (Vivendi)
3. Resistance – Fall Of Man (Sony)
4. Motorstorm (Sony)
(...)
10. Need For Speed Carbon (EA)"

http://gamefront.de/

- a 7,3 million euro profit for PS3 software since launch
- a 3,4 million euro profit for Xbox 360 software in its launch weeks    (what a shame!! a total failure)
- a 4,3 million euro profit for Wii software in its launch weeks

FINAL WORDS:- Europe won,japan and Na onslught starts with LAIR

Around the Network

They must really hate the 360 over there.  I mean look at the first two games that made the biggest profit for Sony, they're games that were on the 360 a year ago.

larry said:

FINAL WORDS:- Europe won,japan and Na onslught starts with LAIR

Because everyone knows that Europe is the same thing as Germany...

BTW I fail to see how the PS3 number eclipses the combined numbers of Wii and 360 considering that 3.4 + 4.3 > 7.3

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

profit or sales?

My websites

http://catprog.org

Online games that I play:

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?Catprog

Germany: approx. 7.3 millions euro conversion with PS3-Software

10.05.07 - media control communicates that with plays for the PlayStation3 since the introduction on the market in Germany conversions of approximately euro 7.3 millions were obtained. At present most popular play is the RPG The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

The conversion corresponds approximately to the value, which Nintendo Wii (4.3 millions euro) and Microsoft Xbox 360 (3.4 millions euro) in the same period obtained together. The offers for the PS3 were particularly in demand in the weeks for introduction on the market. The numbers of the three competitors on similar level moved past week.

The new media control Charts of the PS3 look at present as follows:

1. The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (Ubisoft)
2. F.E.A.R. (Vivendi)
3. Resistance - case OF one (Sony)
4. Motorstorm (Sony)
(...)
10. Need For speed carbon (I/O)

I think they are saying that revinues of Playstation 3 software has been greater than revinues from XBox 360 and Wii software since the PS3 launched. This really shouldn't be that much of a surprise to anyone ... In the launch Week the PS3 sold (rougly) half as many units as Microsoft or Nintendo had (up to that point) and had an attach rate somewhere in the 2 to 4 games per system range; hardware and software has dropped off quit a bit since then though.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure it's talking about revenue yeah? larry is the new resident Sony fanboy and sounds ridiculously familiar to Hus (are they all the same?) Sorry larry but Lair aint gonna begin the onslaught, that game is gonna flop.

OriGin said:
I'm pretty sure it's talking about revenue yeah? larry is the new resident Sony fanboy and sounds ridiculously familiar to Hus (are they all the same?) Sorry larry but Lair aint gonna begin the onslaught, that game is gonna flop.

Don't forget about Diomedes1976, he seems to have some pink-colored glasses for the PS3 too...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wow, way to debunk FUD by using even worse FUD.

larry,

You haven't read it properly. It is not comparing respective launch sales of the 3 systems. It's comparing sales between 23 March and now. During its launch windows the PS3 had a 49 % market share ( 7.3 / (7.3+3.4+4.3) ). That is not very impressive for a launch against two established systems. And it should be noted that these are value figures, not unit figures.

HappySquirrel,
The Google Translation is pretty much correct. "Conversions" should be "revenues", obviously, not "profits". Google got the last sentence wrong though. It says "Last week figures of the 3 competitors were on a similar level". I don't know if they were similar to each other (which would be 33 % for the PS 3) or similar to the PS3 launch week (which would be 49 % for PS3). The sentence is not clear on that.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Naw, Diomedes isn't so bad... he at least brings up proper points and backs his arguments, it's okay to support one side if it suits you better, I wouldn't call Diomedes a resident fanboy at all.