By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3's are F***ING boring..

Why are you looking only for exclusives?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

O RLY?

Just squint when you watch it!

I was talking about gameplay footage that is not blurry as heck!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

enditall727 said:

You might be right

But how exactly are you going to get excited about a game you already knew about? Aren't you already excited about it? It's like "okay, i've been excited about this for a while anf this new trailer just raised my excitement a bit more... NOW SHOW ME SOME NEW BIG GAMES!"

lol

Easy: I rarely ever look up anything about any upcoming games at all. E3 is the practically the only time of the year I get information for upcoming games, so almost everything I see is brand new to me.

AZWification said:
badgenome said:

O RLY?

Just squint when you watch it!

I was talking about gameplay footage that is not blurry as heck!

Pfffffft. Moving the goal posts :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

badgenome said:
What I don't get is that people always expect bombs at E3, but there are almost never any bombs at E3, so why are there people who continue to expect bombs at E3?!

You make a good point now that i really think about it. It's actually rare when "bombs" get dropped at E3

There was a specific E3 where i felt like Nintendo dropped bombs when nobody really expected them to. I believe it was E3 2010. They announced a good bit of games and then they brought Donky Kong back with Donky Kong Returns, Kirby and something else that i cant remember. So after the bombs were dropped, we only had a little bit of HP left from the explosive bombs. We thought it was over and that we were going to walk away freely but Nintendo was like "No, BITCH! It's not over yet" then we come to find out that those games were coming out that SAME year which then depleted what little HP we had left in out HP bars.

Somebody had to have pissed Nintendo off the morning of that E3 conference because they weren't playing any games.. No pun intended

I was hoping that maybe we could see something like that from Sony. They definitely have the tools to do so with all those damn ip's they have. We also had the rumor of Parappa The Rapper being made by Media Molecule and Qweasy games( Sound Shapes dev) and Crash Bandicoot stealthly being sold "back" to Sony.

We also had another rumor about Sony having 2 "old" ip's that they were going to bring back(which i still believe).

I missed the Sony show so i finally got off work at around 12, skimmed through what was announced and only seen LBP3 as the game that stuck out the most. I was like "Is this it?"

But idk..

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I'm loving it

"Bloodborne/Project Beast was LEAKED on neogaf so we already knew about this game. Any excitement or amount of shock that could've been had from this game was instantly taken away beforehand when it got leaked."

God, I know, they should have cancelled it the moment it leaked. It's more important to surprise people at a staged presentation than to make good games.

My personal philosophy--and I know this is crazy--is to be happy when games I think I might enjoy are shown. Serious, fuck the whole idea of getting more excited for exclusives. I don't give a tinker's damn if someone with another box can play the same game. That does absolutely nothing to my own excitement.

I almost always enjoy watching E3 and I'm almost always annoyed when I read all the complaining afterwards.

Maybe you are just a Negative Nancy

I'm sorry you don't like video games. Each conference was deserving of an 7/10.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yep, not that exiting this year.

Plus I don't understand why both Ubisoft and EA were including in the shows if Microsoft and Sony are going to present so few exclusives and lots of multiplatforms