By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ikki5 said:
keroncoward said:
Only problem i had with the digital event was they did not give more information on the games we actually wanted to know about. They stretched too much on yoshi yarn and that ink jack off game. Why didnt they go more in depth on zelda, mario maker and Xenoblade Chronicles? Either way we will get more information during the week of E3 and they are most likely holding back info for future Nintendo Directs.

Did you watch the treehouse events?????

Nintendo has b een running for the last 6 and a half hours and they have been showing TONS of gamplay from a lot of games. Even games they didn't show at the digital Event, They are starting to show even more tomorrow at 9:00am Pacific. There is SO much more coming. Don't assume the digital event that lasted 45 minutes was all nintendo did, there was TONS and there is still more to come tomorrow.

I wanted to watch the treehouse events, but missed it becuase I had to head out. It on their youtube or somewhere else? Also what were your fav./notable games so far from the treehouse event?

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
ikki5 said:
keroncoward said:
Only problem i had with the digital event was they did not give more information on the games we actually wanted to know about. They stretched too much on yoshi yarn and that ink jack off game. Why didnt they go more in depth on zelda, mario maker and Xenoblade Chronicles? Either way we will get more information during the week of E3 and they are most likely holding back info for future Nintendo Directs.

Nintendo has b een running for the last 6 and a half hours and they have been showing TONS of gamplay from a lot of games. Even games they didn't show at the digital Event, They are starting to show even more tomorrow at 9:00am Pacific. There is SO much more coming. Don't assume the digital event that lasted 45 minutes was all nintendo did, there was TONS and there is still more to come tomorrow.

I wanted to watch the treehouse events, but missed it becuase I had to head out. It on their youtube or somewhere else? Also what were your fav./notable games so far from the treehouse event?

Well, they showed a lot of X and a lot of Hyrule Warriors, there was some new games the were shown by Miyamoto (two new IPs that were not shown in the digital event). They didn't look that amazing but they were still neat. They also showed a lot of stuff on Splatoon, Captain toad and they showed a lot more on Mario Maker which looks really cool. There are quite a few of the things on youtube. Just look up the Nintendo Treehouse E3 live. There is going to be a lot more stuff shown tomorrow as well as a rumoured new 3DS title all starting at 9:00am Pacific.

ikki5 said:
Nicklesbe said:
ikki5 said:
keroncoward said:

Well, they showed a lot of X and a lot of Hyrule Warriors, there was some new games the were shown by Miyamoto (two new IPs that were not shown in the digital event). They didn't look that amazing but they were still neat. They also showed a lot of stuff on Splatoon, Captain toad and they showed a lot more on Mario Maker which looks really cool. There are quite a few of the things on youtube. Just look up the Nintendo Treehouse E3 live. There is going to be a lot more stuff shown tomorrow as well as a rumoured new 3DS title all starting at 9:00am Pacific.

Thanks a lot man i didnt even know they showed gameplay at the treehouse event.

Gamers won E3

Nintendo won, but only because the others didn't even try.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

I'd say Sony had the best conference, even though it wasn't spectacular as well. Uncharted 4 did save it, because most of the rest was boring with failed attempts at humor and a nice bucket of tech problems, but supposedly Uncharted was real footage and not just pre-rendered. Coming from Naughty Dog, I believe that, which means the game looks out of this world and is finally a game that looks like a real jump over last-gen.

Nintendo however did (or still does) great with their extras; the 'treehouse' with all the info and the Smash tournament that just ended. I think especially the latter created massive hype and put the spotlight back on Nintendo. Overall I'd say they (will) win E3 because of those things. In their conference, they showed too little, rushed through it and for some weird reason didn't show half the games they have.

I've got to say Microsoft>Nintendo>Sony, looking at it. A very close race, the likes of which we really haven't seen since 2007, which was a very narrow (imo) Sony win.

Breakdown:

Neither Microsoft nor Sony have the edge for games in 2014, but Microsoft leeches ahead with Halo 5 Beta this year and the Halo collection, which will be big. Their 2015 lineup had about as much impact as Sony or Nintendo's further-out lineups (Scalebound counters Bloodborne counters Xenoblade X). Sunset Overdrive got a very good reception, meanwhile, and looks fantastic.

Nintendo kept their show very tight (where Sony slipped up), but more importantly shows a dominant lineup for 2014, while some titans line up for 2015 as well. Honestly, dearth of third party support is what keeps them behind Microsoft, as again, their lineup for the holiday is tops.

Sony slips just behind due to having roughly equal proportion of "wow" content to Nintendo's (their top-level game got about as much, and as significant, screentime as Zelda). They've got a solid lineup too, but nothing that really stands out ahead. Weak lineup for this year and a preponderance of ports and multiplats among their more significant titles keeps them back.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

keroncoward said:
ikki5 said:
Nicklesbe said:
ikki5 said:
keroncoward said:

Yeah, they showed like 15-20 minutes on each title they did and I am expecting they'll do the same tomorrow. I am assuming tomorrow will be more focused on the 3DS however but we still may see more for Wii U

ikki5 said:
keroncoward said:
ikki5 said:
Nicklesbe said:
ikki5 said:
keroncoward said:

Yeah, they showed like 15-20 minutes on each title they did and I am expecting they'll do the same tomorrow. I am assuming tomorrow will be more focused on the 3DS however but we still may see more for Wii U

Still nothing on that new Zelda :( I hope they show some actual gameplay footage and go more in depth during the week.

Nintendo did not have enough content, even exclusive wise to compete with Microsoft and Nintendo a 20 minute direct you gotta to be kidding me, MS had a 1 hour and 30 minute show Sony could have had a 3 hour show, they left out at least 13 announced exclusives and saved them for show floor. Nintendo regurgitated same thing they showed at last years E3 direct. Zelda U was the only thing that holded that thing together a complete bore fest it trully was up until that was shown, but i can see the show was directed at Nintendo fans and aslong as you guys enjoyed thats good. But to call it a win is pretty ridiculous, content and games, new ips win E3 this was basically a broke mans conference.