By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yes.

Around the Network

Nintendo is all about making video games still interesting after Sooo many many years of video games being around.

But the other 2 surprise on their lackluster. But I suspected that their conference was going to end up exactly the kind of way they did.

I was still expecting even more from Nintendo. But the other 2 did exactly as much as I suspected.

Yes, Nintendo won.

Nintendo won, they had a great presentation with loads of incoming great games.

the-pi-guy said:
Zod95 said:

Uncharted 4 was just an example. What I was trying to tell was that, unless one values more a certain Sony game (or several ones) more than Ubisoft games without an objective reason in a wise analysis (meaning that it's just tastes making the difference), there is no way Sony had a better E3.

Yes you can quantify the titles as long as you don't consider 3rd party games as Sony's work and you don't mix oranges with apples (for instance, DLCs don't count as much as full games).

Well you are valuing games differently with weak "objective" reasons.  There isn't really any actual objective measure to determine which had a better E3.  

-Count the titles?  No, the titles are not all equal. 

-Consider that some games are sequels to older games, and other games are new IPs.  How should those be measured?  They can't really be measured in any meaningful way.  A bad game gets a sequel, that was five years ago should be measured differently than if the same game gets released 2 years ago?  Doesn't make any objective sense.  

All your comparisons, have problems because they become subjective.  Even if you don't think about it, they are subjective reasons that are being painted over and called objective.  They are still subjective.  

Of course there isn't a mathematical formula but one can use common sense and neutrality to clearly see Sony was poorer than Ubisoft. My "objective reasons" are subjectively chosen, I give you that. But I see it as common sense. Sure there may be some gamers that think DLCs worth as much as full games, but they should be a very small minority. Regarding games within the same conditions ruled by such common sense, neutrality makes you consider them equal in order to avoid being influenced by tastes. I can't say BloodBorne and Shape Up had a different relevance. They seem to be excellent games for their audiences (regardless in which one I am).

A game, no matter if you consider it good or bad (that is your personal opinion), has a fan base and you bet a 5-year wait produces a greater impact than a 2-year wait when the game finally comes. This is also common sense.

Is the common sense subjective? I think that's a philosophical question. And, to answer it philosophically, there is nothing in this world that is not subjective. Objectivity doesn't exist. "I only know that I know nothing".

Back to being a normal person again, you are trying to find a problem where there is no problem.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M