By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I only saw a few tidbits of Sony`s press conference, but to me they had the best E3.
Overall, they had a great game`s presentation, the Smash Invitational, Treehouse and a few surprises here and there.

MS had a good showing and showing off games was a good bet.
From what i can tell, PS4`s strong points were a small glimpse of Uncharted 4 and a CGI presentation of From Software`s game. To me, not enough to have the best presentation.

Honestly, both MS and Sony had a better showing last year. Guess they showed too much last year.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

"As for X, I guess you aren't saying from a graphical point of view?" Lol, no why? Its going to be one of the very top jrpg of this generation easily. Xenoblade last gen was definitely a top contender last gen and X looks so much better. Seriously who cares about graphics (1) and only the character models look bad.   Bad Character Models=/=Greatest Experience.

Your other statement is ridiculous. Whats the point of Persona franchise? They dont sell millions? Fire Emblem doesn't sell millions? Splatoon is going to be alot of fun. Wii Sports sold 80mil+ yet i cant stand the game so again Sales=/=Game Quality+Fun

Lastly SSB is the biggest Fighting Game franchise. Pacman+Sonic+Megaman+Mario the biggest icons of gaming in one game is a very big deal, srry if you didn't kno that

(1) given the pace of PS4 sales, I'd say lots of people

I wasn't talking about sales but general hype : you can't claim Nintendo victor when the entire world is focusing on PS4/X1 games, that's all. And I'm sorry, but the characters you mentioned are gaming icons of the PAST. The new iconic franchises are called Metal Gear Solid, COD, Battlefield, AC, The Witcher, Halo, Watchdogs, GTA, etc. This is not the 90's any more.

ryuzaki57 said:
tbone51 said:

"As for X, I guess you aren't saying from a graphical point of view?" Lol, no why? Its going to be one of the very top jrpg of this generation easily. Xenoblade last gen was definitely a top contender last gen and X looks so much better. Seriously who cares about graphics (1) and only the character models look bad.   Bad Character Models=/=Greatest Experience.

Your other statement is ridiculous. Whats the point of Persona franchise? They dont sell millions? Fire Emblem doesn't sell millions? Splatoon is going to be alot of fun. Wii Sports sold 80mil+ yet i cant stand the game so again Sales=/=Game Quality+Fun

Lastly SSB is the biggest Fighting Game franchise. Pacman+Sonic+Megaman+Mario the biggest icons of gaming in one game is a very big deal, srry if you didn't kno that

(1) given the pace of PS4 sales, I'd say lots of people

I wasn't talking about sales but general hype : you can't claim Nintendo victor when the entire world is focusing on PS4/X1 games, that's all. And I'm sorry, but the characters you mentioned are gaming icons of the PAST. The new iconic franchises are called Metal Gear Solid, COD, Battlefield, AC, The Witcher, Halo, Watchdogs, GTA, etc. This is not the 90's any more.

Ok, believe wat you want to believe. No point in talking i guess. I'll be busy playing Bayo2+MH4G(3DS exclusive) in the future anyway

Sales-wise = Sony won E3(destiny bundle + other third party deals + Bloodbourne +LBP3 + Uncharted 4 = mainstream orgasm)

Hardcore's heart = Nintendo won(zeldaU+ starfoxU = nostalgia)

Soleron said:

Speaking as someone who likes MS the least of the three, Microsoft won. They showed games and nothing else. Sure, they weren't that revolutionary and few of them were exclusive, but they gave people tens of reasons to buy an Xbox One this year.

Nintendo's conference appealed to those who own a Wii U but isn't likely to convince anyone who doesn't.

LOL..  You could say that about every company which unveils great games. The fact is that gamers a drawn to consoles with great games. And as Mario Kart has proven as more quality games release on wiiu more people will jump in.  Nintendo won.

Around the Network

I honestly don't get all the hype about Destiny... it is a generic story save humanity from "The Darkness" (only the bad thing is actually called that..... not much imagination in that) story with the same kind of gameplay that Halo (or looks like it is) or some other modern kind of shooter... and the graphics quality isn't the best... now I know that could be easily cleaned up and the CGI stuff looks pretty good. But honestly?? What is so great about this game?

Arcturus said:
Soleron said:

Speaking as someone who likes MS the least of the three, Microsoft won. They showed games and nothing else. Sure, they weren't that revolutionary and few of them were exclusive, but they gave people tens of reasons to buy an Xbox One this year.

Nintendo's conference appealed to those who own a Wii U but won't convince anyone who doesn't.

I agree with this.

So what you're suggesting is that games like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third, and Zelda which looks like Skyrim are games which appeal specifically to Nintendo early adopters moreso than Mario Kart which is bringing in new console buyers?

OttoniBastos said:
Sales-wise = Sony won E3(destiny bundle + other third party deals + Bloodbourne +LBP3 + Uncharted 4 = mainstream orgasm)

Hardcore's heart = Nintendo won(zeldaU+ starfoxU = nostalgia)

Nostalgic for games not yet released, one of which gameplay hasn't been shown, that is impressive indeed.

tbone51 said: Ok, believe wat you want to believe. No point in talking i guess. I'll be busy playing Bayo2+MH4G(3DS exclusive) in the future anyway

No problem, it so happens that I will be playing this in the near future :p

cunger said:
Arcturus said:
Soleron said:

Nintendo's conference appealed to those who own a Wii U but won't convince anyone who doesn't.

I agree with this.

So what you're suggesting is that games like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third, and Zelda which looks like Skyrim are games which appeal specifically to Nintendo early adopters moreso than Mario Kart which is bringing in new console buyers?

After re-reading the sentence I said I agreed with, I would change it slightly:
Nintendo's conference appealed to those who own a Wii U and fans of Nintendo IPs that have been holding off on buying a Wii U. For those not interested in Nintendo's IP, their conference really didn't and won't convince people to buy a Wii U.

Yes, Zelda will shift some consoles when it releases. But it will mostly be selling to Nintendo fans who were holding out for the next Zelda game. Xenoblade, Bayonetta, and Devil's Third won't shift many consoles.