By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Come guys we don't sony worshipers going off the deep end left them think sony won for goodness sake

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Zod95 said:

Fair enough. I just have a problem with the word "bit". It doesn't help winning E3.

E3 winners are the "best of" types ("crème de la crème"), not the "bit of everything" ones. A bit of good with a bit of bad and a bit of mediocre is not as good.

The best is subjective though.  

GTA V, Uncharted 4, LittleBigPlanet 3 and Grim Fandango are all considered good games.  

GTA V got a 97 metacritically, and sold millions upon millions of copies.  Though it is a game already released, it is a pretty major one.  

Uncharted 4 is the fourth title of a major series, each doing incredibly well critically and sold millions of copies.  

LittleBigPlanet, while not as big at the market as either of the above two games, its previous titles did very well critically.  LittleBigPlanet got a 95 on metacritic.  

Grim Fandango, wasn't a huge title sales wise at all, but critically it was well recieved at the time.  And achieved a 94.  

While these games may not be interesting to you, they are huge.  GTA V, even though it is an older, is almost certain to sell a few millions of copies on the new platform.  All four of these games and a few others are almost certainly considered creme de la creme, even if they didn't generate much buzz with most people.  There is another market on the side that doesn't watch E3, that will probably be quite excited by GTA, for example.  

One could argue that all the E3s were a bit of good, with a bit of bad, with a bit of mediocre.  

You miss the point. The best is subjective when it comes to game A or B appealing to different tastes and audiences.

But I'm not considering my tastes when assessing the E3. I'm just focusing on objective parameters like a full game being more relevant than a DLC. I don't need to tell everything all over again. I've already listed all the points. I'm acting as a neutral spectator rather than a game consumer with my own preferences.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

No they never, no indie or third party support..look at the games coming to ps4 and x1 compared the wii-u...people want multiplats not just exclusives. 1-2 good exclusives are year don't cut it.

BigBrain said:
No they never, no indie or third party support..look at the games coming to ps4 and x1 compared the wii-u...people want multiplats not just exclusives. 1-2 good exclusives are year don't cut it.

Is it that hard to believe that Nintendo fans mostly want to play first party games? Obviously that means the console is never going to sell as much as the PS4, but sales don't matter when we're talking about the enjoyment one gets out of a console. 

I hope next year we'll see more 3D games at E3 though. Kind of had it with 2D games. Hoping for Paper Mario U and Metroid Prime 4. 

Yeah they won but do you have to badmouth Sony? Uncharted and BloodbornE are both set to be great games. That being said the game libary you have on Wii u right now is the best and the future also looks really good, just be happy with that, you're not gonna trick anyoen else into to thinking they're games aren't also amazing/ something to look forward to.

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Around the Network

Nintendo and Sony both won.

Nintendo brought the more exclusives.

Sony brought the biggest exclusive, the one everyone is talking about.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Seems that most people on the internet agree that Nintendo "won" E3.

BigBrain said:

Then why do most people say Nintendo won? You know, maybe Nintendo's first party games are better than any third party and indie games..?

kreznik said:

[Gamefaqs poll results] Who won E3 this year?

Interesting. You can hardly accuse Gamefaqs of being a nest of Nintendo fanboys, either. Nintendo games rarely crack the top-rated for "most activity" anymore (they're still the best for general help, though GameXplain is rapidly catching up).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

What justifies a win? Popular opinion? If so, then yes they definitely won. Unfortunately, 90% of the games they revealed aren't even coming out this year, and their sales will suffer greatly for it. Not to mention, hardly any of the 3rd parties even mentioned Wii U as a platform for their games. They may have won the mind share of the E3 audience, but that's not gonna be enough to help them in the long run or the short term for that matter.

I am the Playstation Avenger.