Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U: The Zelda title the Wii U deserves, but not the one it needs?

Gotta be honest, I don't really care. If it were "realistic" it would be just another game. This is The Legend of Zelda. It's not about convincing a bunch of idiots who just want the same rubbish shovelled down their throats time and time again. You can't compromise the integrity of such a series as Zelda for that.

Edit: Zelda is a series that thrives off colour. I'm glad they didn't go with the "dark" approach. Every single other game right now uses a palette of brown and greys. I really love the rich greens of the scenery and the blue of Link's tunic. You just don't see that enough in games.



Around the Network
VanceIX said:

Twilight Princess was much darker, the forest here looks like the forest region from Skyward Sword with better shadowing. Plus, Link's character model just screams Skyward Sword in terms of the copious amound of cel-shading used.

 

Well abviously, since TP wasn't cel-shaded and SS was. That's why I specifically said 'apart from Link's character model'. And also, IMO.

I just think it looks more like TP than like SS.



Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

 

Nintendo should just stop making Zelda games for you ungrateful fans. Its an open world Zelda for god's sake!! I can tell this game is far from release anyway so there will be plenty of graphical touch ups. Holiday 2015.



The art style is an evolution of Skyward Sword (which stinks and for this reason that ruined the sales of the previous Zelda title).I hate this art style. The market will not respond well to this new (or rather evolution from SS) artistic style as well.



With some lighting tricks, this game could easily pull off something in the style of what we saw in the tech demo. This style has the potential to do a lot of things (and it looks beautiful)



Around the Network
Cheebee said:
VanceIX said:

Twilight Princess was much darker, the forest here looks like the forest region from Skyward Sword with better shadowing. Plus, Link's character model just screams Skyward Sword in terms of the copious amound of cel-shading used.

 

Well abviously, since TP wasn't cel-shaded and SS was. That's why I specifically said 'apart from Link's character model'. And also, IMO.

I just think it looks more like TP than like SS.

The entire world is cel-shaded as well.

It's Skyward Sword with better lighting, bloom, and textures.

TP had a very distinct artstyle that was darker during even the day, because it emphasised darks while this game empasises the brights. 



                                                                                                               You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Links design was the only one I didn't like, the rest was beautiful. But not what the Wii U needs, sadly, no.



VanceIX said:

The entire world is cel-shaded as well.

It's Skyward Sword with better lighting, bloom, and textures.

TP had a very distinct artstyle that was darker during even the day, because it emphasised darks while this game empasises the brights. 

Well. Imo the overall style looks more like TP than SS, apart from Link's character model.



Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

 

Cheebee said:
VanceIX said:

The entire world is cel-shaded as well.

It's Skyward Sword with better lighting, bloom, and textures.

TP had a very distinct artstyle that was darker during even the day, because it emphasised darks while this game empasises the brights. 

Well. Imo the overall style looks more like TP than SS, apart from Link's character model.

It's all good. I don't mean to say that your opinion is wrong, and we really won't completely know until we actually play the game.



                                                                                                               You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

The animation is like a Ghibli movie it's fantastic,