By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U: The Zelda title the Wii U deserves, but not the one it needs?

Intendo21 said:
Nintendo should just stop making Zelda games for you ungrateful fans. Its an open world Zelda for god's sake!! I can tell this game is far from release anyway so there will be plenty of graphical touch ups. Holiday 2015.

Ungrateful? I bet you didn't read the OP either.

sigh

Look, a realistic art style would move more Wii Us, thats a given. All I want is the Wii U to get its footing back. This game won't do it. Cartoon games don't get the same kind of respect that realsim games do. 

I love the shit out of Wind Waker, so I'm not "ungrateful". I'm sure the game'll be great. But it's not the Zelda the Wii U needs right now to get its footing back.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

Design of Linkette is lackluster. Other than that, I would prefer tech demo style, and, IMO, it would be better accepted in the west, but this is fine too.

The screenshots in 1080p look clean. Is this game going to run at native 1080p resolution? That would be quite impressive, graphics look amazing. Anyway, it's quite obvious the game would sell a lot better if it used TP style. But, as it stands, it's better than using Wind Waker style again.

Wyrdness said:
The animation is like a Ghibli movie it's fantastic,

The Aonuma Zelda games have always been influenced by the Ghibli movies, especially the Miyazaki ones, there are many examples of this.

And again, even in this very short snippet of a trailer we've been given, their influence can be witnessed. The intro's almost exactly like the intro to Mononoke. Starts on a serene farmlike field (farmers and goatlike creatures can be seen in the shot of the overworld when looked at closely), then a monster bursts out of nowhere. Link even looks similar to the main character Ashitaka with his blue outfit, his hood and cloak, and firing his bow at the advancing demon while on horseback. It's eerily uncanny, really.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

MohammadBadir said:
It looks great, apart from Link. I like the Skyward Sword Link more...

This 100%.

Edit: Wait, nvm. I just realized I like it after looking at a gif!

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

sigh

Look, a realistic art style would move more Wii Us, thats a given. All I want is the Wii U to get its footing back. This game won't do it. Cartoon games don't get the same kind of respect that realsim games do. 

I love the shit out of Wind Waker, so I'm not "ungrateful". I'm sure the game'll be great. But it's not the Zelda the Wii U needs right now to get its footing back.

For a 19 year old you really have no clue since your first real experience for a Zelda game was likely on the Gamecube. Since the first Zeldas were made well before you were born you missed a lot of the higher acclaimed Zelda titles. Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time were both very cartoony. A "realistic art-style" failed to beat OoT so your logic here is broken. A cel-shaded game, on this scope, will move a significant amount of Wii Us. From the sounds of it though, you're sound ungrateful. My current prediction for this Zelda title is 7 million in lifetime sales since it touches base with this title: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6925/the-legend-of-zelda/ 

The game is a year and a half away

amak11 said:
VanceIX said:

sigh

For a 19 year old you really have no clue since your first real experience for a Zelda game was likely on the Gamecube. Since the first Zeldas were made well before you were born you missed a lot of the higher acclaimed Zelda titles. Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time were both very cartoony. A "realistic art-style" failed to beat OoT so your logic here is broken. A cel-shaded game, on this scope, will move a significant amount of Wii Us. From the sounds of it though, you're sound ungrateful. My current prediction for this Zelda title is 7 million in lifetime sales since it touches base with this title: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6925/the-legend-of-zelda/ 

lol

So you automatically assumed that my first experience was Wind Waker, without knowing who the hell I am, just because of my age? I started with Ocarina of Time as a kid with my N64. I think you need to go back and see the Zelda release timeline. 

I also think you're also woefully ignorant of the graphical capability on the N64. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were some of the most realistic games released on the N64. They put a huge emphasis on darker hues. If you want to see a "cartoony" game, look at Super Mario 64. Big emphasis on brighter hues. Nintendo could have easily done the same thing with OoT and MM, but they didn't.

And if you honestly believe that a cel-shaded Zelda will move nearly as many units as a more realistic Zelda, power to you. You're wrong though.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

So basically... Since the game does not look like a brown shooter, it won't sell.
We know this, because seriously every game that sells a lot is a brown shooter these days.

I see your point, I really do. But why would anyone want a brown Zelda? Does anyone really believe the game will suck/be amazing just because of the art style or colour palette?

I wan't a Zelda, made specifically for the Wii U, by Nintendo. Zelda is not a brown shooter. If Nintendo made it into one, I'd be very sad.

This is the first time I've been excited about a Zelda game in a very very long time. Partly because of it's art style (which I find amazing) and partly because they are finally changing the game's formula some.