By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Who won E3?

Sony 222 23.39%

Nintendo 543 57.22%

MS 54 5.69%

The gamers 130 13.70%

Total:949

Nintendo won for Nintendo fans (as is to be expected), but will likely be seen as some what mediocre outside of their core fan base. MS had the best game show, but the least entertaining as far as surprises or major X1 reveals went. Sony had the best combined line-up of 3rd party and 1st party title, but fell flat on the pacing.

We have no choice but to give the win to EA :P

Around the Network

Gamers did, obvs.

But if we're ranking the big three, it's Nintendo well ahead and Sony and MS more or less tied, at least based on what has been shown thus far. None of them did poorly this year, though.

I'd say Microsoft won.

I'd like to say Sony was just as good, but I'm not particularly fond of them at the moment thanks to that little FF Type-0 fiasco.

Nintendo is comfortably last though. Lack of content, very few interesting new announcements and not a single drop of Zelda gameplay.

I liked the funny presentation of Nintendo with the stop-motion-animations...
Also some interesting games.

brendude13 said:
I'd say Microsoft won.

I'd like to say Sony was just as good, but I'm not particularly fond of them at the moment thanks to that little FF Type-0 fiasco.

Nintendo is comfortably last though. Lack of content, very few interesting new announcements and not a single drop of Zelda gameplay.

Wait, how in the world is Sony at fault for type 0? The announcment was made by an SE rep and it's an SE game. What am I missing here?

Around the Network

Nintendo is really still going so.... I'll wait. They have not announced everything

wary-wallaroo said:
brendude13 said:
I'd say Microsoft won.

Wait, how in the world is Sony at fault for type 0? The announcment was made by an SE rep and it's an SE game. What am I missing here?

I assume Sony made the mistake on the Playstation Blog announcement, and I assume they knew about what platforms it was for in advance. Then there was Shahid making himself look like an idiot.

I am of two minds here. On the one hand, I liked Nintendo's conference the best, but that may just be my bias. I liked Nintendo better coming in, and it was going to take a miracle to convince me otherwise. I did think everything shown was good though, and I think, unbiasedly, that their presentation style was miles better than the other two companies. Definitely most interested in the games shown here.

On the other hand, Microsoft did the most to change my mind on their console. They did a great job of putting the focus back on games, and showed off interesting exclusives and a surprising variety of experiences.

Sony bored me, and didn't really show off much to interest me. Confirmed that Vita was dead. I'm sure I'd enjoy some of the games, but I definitely did not enjoy the conference.

So I'd go with an MS/Ninty tie.

"The Gamers."

That's the most sickening. option in a poll I've ever read. This site isn't about neutrality. Throw that outta here!

For the first time in a long time, Nintendo won E3

Zelda U, Mario Maker, Smash Bros, and Spatoon are all going to be instant purchases for me.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron