By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the bar been set low for Nintendo to steal the show?

Yes.

It seems like it.

Nintendo should have it really easy to be E3 WINNER.

Around the Network

Nintendo could steal the show.

It really depends what they will show.

It is very possible now. I would have never believed it before Sony and Microsoft's showings.

Ka-pi96 said:

Bar set low?

Regardless, Nintendo will trip over and fall flat on their face

A bit harsh, don't you think? 

Nintendo has a good chance of having a really great E3 show.

Depends on what they will show.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
bubblegamer said:
The bar been set low? Have you been asleep the whole day?

Seriously, no way the Wii U has better multiplats to show off.

Haha. I see what you did there.. Clever. I agree. 

Devil_Survivor said:
marley said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i can name you 25 third party titles sony and microsoft will get and nintendo dont that say NOP

Can you name me 25 third party titles that will make it worthwhile for me to purchase a ps4 or xbone?

I'm not sure why I should drop $400-500 on a console to play games that will be available on my pc.  I honestly don't understand why anyone would.  For me, it really boils down to first party exclusives, and I have yet to see anything all that exciting.

You just won this thread.

Why is it so hard to understand that not everyone has or wants a decent gaming PC? I have one myself but its incredibly naive to think most gamers would pick a PC over a PS4 or XBox One, they simply cant be bothered. 

From that perspective Nintendo cannot Win E3 in their eyes. If I didn't own a gaming PC then I wouldn't own a Wii U. Id be focussing on a PS4 or X1 and that includes all 3rd party multiplats. From that point of view Nintendo simply wouldn't be on my radar. Why cant we understand each other and just get along?

As a PC and Wii U owner, I expect Nintendo to win. In a world where I didn't have a PC Id consider Sony to have won.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Microsoft nailed the presentation but showed boring games.

Sony showed interesting games but botched the presentation.

All Nintendo has to do is get the best of both worlds: show great exclusives without wasting everyone's time with a lengthy visit from Brian Michael Bendis about things entirely unrelated to video games.

This being Nintendo we're talking about, I have the utmost confidence in their ability to fail to capitalize on this opportunity.

I can also put it this way: going into E3, I expected to see new Halo from Microsoft, new Uncharted from Sony, and new Zelda from Nintendo. So far, I've gotten old Halo and short CGI teasers for new Halo and new Uncharted. All Nintendo has to do is deliver some real Zelda shit, and they will be the only company of the three who met my expectations.

I think Nintendo has a chance. Their are new IP and unnounced games and We still do not know what they are. Hope it surprises us and will win this years E3 2014.

small44 said:
Nintendo fan would say Nintendo conference is the best just because of Mario games

small44, your opinion of Nntendo fans is small minded and insulting.  Why would you say such a thing?  No one else insults anyone here on this site.  Jk, just about everyone busts' chops.  

But to give a more accurate description on what Nintendo fans would consider top of the show this year.  I'm looking forward to X, to Bayonetta2, QOL, Zelda Hyrule Warriors, Smash bros., possible price cut, smt vs fe, Next level games involvment, game results from Nintendo's Indie initiative, Brand new IP, new unrevealed games, new 3ds games, release date for smb 3ds, DLC.  There's a lot of items Nintendo can talk about. 

Now what I would get a boner for.  New gamepad design.  Heart monitor peripheral.  Nintendo animated television show.