By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How important is Scalebound?

Well, the question is simple really. We all know XBox is not the strongest of brands in Japan, so every game counts. How important do you think Scalebound will be in establishing some kind of presence for X1 in Japan?

Around the Network

On a scale (heh heh) of 1 to 10? 2.

Does Platinum have any presence in Japan? W101 completely bombed, and Bayonetta wasn't a very strong seller.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

About as important as W101. Though the CGI video was cool and the name is great. And everybody loves dragons.

We can't really tell because we didn't see gameplay but if it is anything like monster hunter and if MS really backs it up in japan then it MAY do something in japan. But who am I kidding X1 has no chance in japan.

Around the Network

Its not gonna sell that many consoles

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Honestly, It looks like it's going to be a douchey Monster Hunter clone. I hope they have a second better project planned for after Bayonetta 2.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Honestly, Platinum makes games for Western audiences, not Japanese audiences...this will be a bigger deal in the west than in Japan. Probably Lost Odyssey level of sales if I had to guess.

sundin13 said:
Honestly, Platinum makes games for no audience.

Fixed for the sad truth.

With dragonage, the witcher and the other big titles on the console, it has even less of a chance of selling well as previous platinum games in all honesty.