By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did Microsoft just win E3?

Did Microsoft win E3 already?

Yes 113 34.66%

Definitely 19 5.83%

Undoubtedly 192 58.90%

Total:324

Rehashed Halo. Nothing new Halo, Halo we have ALL played before Halo. Sorry MS has a poor conference, they hardly learned from last year... If this conference makes them the best of E3 then our hobby is in serious trouble. 

Around the Network

It was a good conference but nothing spectacular.
Showing CoD as the first game turned out great for them as the game feels great, but from there the excitement kinda dissapeared.

Sunset Overdrive looked better than ever and the Masterchief Collection looked awesome. I want a XB1 just for those games! :)

The main problem, or better, the main problems to me were:
1. The exclusives were not system sellers. No Halo, GoW type of game that makes people buy the console. Good games to build the library but so far, no more than that. Probably Horizon 2 falls into that category.

2. I know Phil S. wanted to show just games but i think he was too absent. i think his presence could have added something more to the whole press conference.

Not sure what press conference you were watching but this was very underwhelming ,not much for new announcements at all. Until we see what Sony does though hard to tell but it shouldn`t be too hard for PS4 to beat this effort. Lots of Halo stuff though, if Halo is the reason XBOX fans buy the system they certianly suceeded in this category at least.

"I'm wearing all black today because I'm mourning the death of video games." - one of my friends after Microsoft's conference.

I don't think he was impressed.

No megatons/stuff we already didnt know.
So no.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
GhetooBillGates said:
Someone really needs to lay of the Afghan Kush. Sony can win with just Uncharted alone. Nintendo can win them with just Smash Bros alone.

By that logic Microsoft can win with Halo alone. And there was alot of Halo...

Didnt see HALO 5 did we, we saw a Anniversary collection. We knew HALO 5 was coming for atleast two years yet nothing, that takes away alot of the hype. Uncharted  4 has more momentmum no gameplay, not even cgi, just a 10 second teaser. And what i meant by Sony can win with Uncharted alone is MS conference being pretty mediocre and Super Smash Bros was a poor example. 

well they had a better show than Sony last year as well, but their PR talk afterwards killed it.
Game announcements were never Xbox Ones problem. Price tag, PR and distribution are.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

No

It was a decent show from MS. Added exclusive to their list. People just need to wind down the hype a bit because if Sony or Ninty have a similar sort of show then they've done good. People just expect to much.

I should report this thread just for the poll.

But I'll let it slide as I agree they have the best conference so far.