By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RINGS! NOMNOMNOMNOM (Sonic Boom gameplay)

This game will

suck 71 97.26%

Total:71
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
disolitude said:
I'll play this. Looks fun...

For Sonic nerds that are flipping out over this...just be glad they are still making Sonic games.

It does look ...fun. Funner than 06, Unleashed, Secret Rings, or Lost World.

However, I don't think the fact that they are still making Sonic games is a reason to be glad.

Well I'm glad they still make em and it still somewhat looks and plays like Sonic...lol.

While we are at it, I'd also love to see more Arnold Schwartzeneger and Jean Claude Van Damme movies get made...no matter how crapy they are.

Around the Network

Eh, I'll hold out judgement until a lot more of it is seen!

Shadow1980 said:
Not looking good. Y'know, the more Sega strays from the classic Sonic formula, the worse the results are. Generations and Colors were pretty solid games and were closest to classic Sonic of any game in the series in the post-Genesis era. Sonic should just be traditional 2D or 2.5D platformers. Even though there will be people that scream and cry "Innovaaaaayshuuuun!" I honestly couldn't care less about being original or innovative. I'd rather have something derivative but fun than something original but terrible. Innovation is overrated.

I'm beginning to just want an HD version of the 3DS version of Sonic Boom -- which is simply an open world 2D platformer.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Shadow1980 said:
Not looking good. Y'know, the more Sega strays from the classic Sonic formula, the worse the results are. Generations and Colors were pretty solid games and were closest to classic Sonic of any game in the series in the post-Genesis era. Sonic should just be traditional 2D or 2.5D platformers. Even though there will be people that scream and cry "Innovaaaaayshuuuun!" I honestly couldn't care less about being original or innovative. I'd rather have something derivative but fun than something original but terrible. Innovation is overrated.

I'm beginning to just want an HD version of the 3DS version of Sonic Boom -- which is simply an open world 2D platformer.

Sonic Adventure 2 was the Pinnacle of Sonic in 3D.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Sunset Overdrive looks like a better Sonic Game IMO

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
gentii said:
think-man said:
gentii said:
looks great

You can't be serious....

you are nor a GAMEr

I don't by default just like anything thats exclusive to my console of choice. 

I assume the opening statement was irony.

Oh, and did anyone else catch the goatse reference in the stage?

I LOVE ICELAND!

They just need to tone down the background commentary a bit. Feels like StarFox with an added dose of obnoxygen.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I hope this game is good.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
fleischr said:
Shadow1980 said:

Sonic Adventure 2 was the Pinnacle of Sonic in 3D.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.