By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RINGS! NOMNOMNOMNOM (Sonic Boom gameplay)

This game will

suck 71 97.26%

Total:71
RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:
the gameplay doesn't look too bad even if it is complete genre breaking for a sonic game.

..but holy fuck that voice acting/writing is terrible.

Are you defending Sonic Boom or Knack?

was knack even an option?   i watched the trailer in the OP which i believe was sonic boom.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
the gameplay doesn't look too bad even if it is complete genre breaking for a sonic game.

..but holy fuck that voice acting/writing is terrible.

At least the fighting is better. It looks like the replaced the Unleashed Werewolf parts with Rachet and Clank/Daxter.

Better than my low expectations. I just wish the speed parts and the melee parts where more integrated, and I miss the actually 3D speed sections that where butchered in Sonic 06. Sonic Adventure is still my favorite 3D sonic.

This 2.5D shit is getting old. 

Gameplay was intresting thats for sure.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

AZWification said:
TreeTurtle said:
It's Sonic 06 2.0!

Nah. Sonic 06 was full of glitches, it had one of the worst stories in gaming, you couldn't even kill enemies by jumping on them, it was supposed to celebrate Sonic's 15th anniversary and it was a canon game!

Why can't we have speed in 3D instead of 2.5D. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:

was knack even an option?   i watched the trailer in the OP which i believe was sonic boom.

Knack looked like Sonic Unleashed's night stages and Sonic Boom looks a lot like that too. Hey, you never know if people post with a hidden agenda. You could have been sticking up for a Sony game.

No way, the melee gameplay was alot better then Unleashed... then again the tether strechy arm mechanic...

RolStoppable said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

No way, the melee gameplay was alot better then Unleashed... then again the tether strechy arm mechanic...

Whatever.

More importantly, since the three of us are together again, I call dibs on the Kinect-free Xbox One flop thread.

Age before Beauty.

Around the Network

I'll play this. Looks fun...

For Sonic nerds that are flipping out over this...just be glad they are still making Sonic games.

disolitude said:
I'll play this. Looks fun...

For Sonic nerds that are flipping out over this...just be glad they are still making Sonic games.

It does look ...fun. Funner than 06, Unleashed, Secret Rings, or Lost World.

However, I don't think the fact that they are still making Sonic games is a reason to be glad.

i dislike how they made knuckles buff

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:

Knack looked like Sonic Unleashed's night stages and Sonic Boom looks a lot like that too. Hey, you never know if people post with a hidden agenda. You could have been sticking up for a Sony game.

well i don't think i was hiding an agenda.  i haven't played knack except at the in store kiosk at best buy.  it was a bit blah i thought.  enemies and enviornments were a bit sparce.  i'll probably play it at some point (especially if it comes to ps+ someday which i'm thinking it will).

i dunno, i like the platformer genre.  sonic boom doesn't look amazeballz or anything but it looks solid enough.  the "worst" part is that "it isn't a sonic game" but if you can get over the fact that things are different and judge the game for what it is it looks decent.  ..other than that voice acting.

Compared to the first trailer, which I actually took as a good sign, this looks painfully average. It doesn't look bad. Barely. But my my optimism for this game is gone.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.