By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: The Last Guardian Officially Cancelled! Edit: Not Cancelled? IGN Lied?

Max King of the Wild said:
manny10032 said:
Thuway thinks it was Sony purposely leaking the bad info to track down company insiders.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=115276462

That really makes absolutely no fucking sense.  

No doubt

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Could it be that the game IS actually cancelled and Sony doesn't want the negative news weighing down their E3 showing? If that's the case, E3 will likely come and pass without The Last Guardian news and then sometime after E3 they'll make the announcement that it has been cancelled.

Just pointing out a possibility, not saying that is what is happening. Could easily be announced for PS4 tomorrow during the press conference. 

My opinion is that if that were the case, he wouldn't have "laughed about it over dinner", but rather given a colder/drier response, such as simply "it wasn't cancelled", or "rumours unfounded", etc. That part seems to express some confidence.

I mean how would it look if months from now it was announced as cancelled and THIS tweet, exactly like it is, existed?.. Would likely become an embarrasing internet meme of epic proportions.

The game is  actually not cancelled? I don't feel bad for making all those TLG jokes once again!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Of course it's not cancelled! It better not get cancelled! What is wrong with IGN!

This is the game people have been waiting years for, and people ask them every E3 for because everyone is excited for this game. I've never even considered the possibility it would be cancelled.

If this were cancelled I would figure they would have to re-organize (shut down) the studio if they can't produce a product in... how many years now? Who could gloat about that?

If they were having trouble they should've announced it by now, not keep making people think it's coming every E3, and promising they are making progress.

Game Boy  master race

Imagine if this happens

First Sony guy on stage gets right on to it: "TLG is still in development. But we're sorry, the game is still not ready to be shown se we have nothing for you today about it. Wanted to clear that up before we move on."

Then at the end they show it

Soony trolling

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Could it be that the game IS actually cancelled and Sony doesn't want the negative news weighing down their E3 showing? If that's the case, E3 will likely come and pass without The Last Guardian news and then sometime after E3 they'll make the announcement that it has been cancelled.

Just pointing out a possibility, not saying that is what is happening. Could easily be announced for PS4 tomorrow during the press conference. 

Doubt it, if that was the case they probably would have ignored this.  It would look really bad for them to say the game isn't canceled then only a month later say it is.  

Prediction: It is not cancelled, but it isn't called The Last Guardian anymore

mornelithe said:
Max King of the Wild said:
manny10032 said:
Thuway thinks it was Sony purposely leaking the bad info to track down company insiders.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=115276462

That really makes absolutely no fucking sense.  

No doubt

It makes flawless sense + gets massive free publicity for the game (assuming it's still on, and it would be business suicide to lie about it from multiple top official sources lol).

http://www.edge-online.com/features/ico-designer-fumito-ueda-on-emotion-missing-deadlines-and-parting-ways-with-sony/

i've kept up with news on the game for the most part but somehow missed this interview. in case someone else missed it too
somewhat interesting read..

" Still, his creative work on the project is now mostly complete – interpret that as you will". This + the fact that Yoshida said (a few months before this interview) that the game was being reengineered..does make it sound like the game possibly "finished" last year and from there on out it was a matter of making a proper PS4 version. My 2 cents.

"What did it feel like to leave a company where you had worked for so long?

When I worked at SCE, I was on an annual contract, so it was not as much of a change as those around me might think. Recently, I’ve been working at my home office and often at SCE’s Shinagawa office in Tokyo.

What was Sony’s reaction?

It was not easy, but I can’t go into the details just yet. It will be good to be able to discuss it along with a post-mortem of The Last Guardian someday.

What are you working on now?

The Last Guardian and the rest is secret. Outside of games, well, just for a hobby, I’d like to try my hand at art."

Also, Scott Rodhe will be interviewed at 8.45am tomorrow http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115349041&postcount=6729

by gametrailers. Don't expect him to spill the beans though. At most he'll probably just deny cancellation again.

Oh and now there's this: 

Just interviewed Shawn Layden, new CEO of SCEA. He says The Last Guardian is in full development in Japan. Unequivocally. Full intvu tmrw.

Does it matter anymore? I mean what is this game? They should just admit defeat and cut their loses it has become just a shit show now.