By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: The Last Guardian Officially Cancelled! Edit: Not Cancelled? IGN Lied?

Imaginedvl said:
Kyuu said:
Imaginedvl said:

Typical from the internet.... "IGN 'lied'..."
Seriously you people need to stop dramatizing everything... Lies, Desperation, Evil :)
At least look up at the definition of the words you are using.

I'm expecting Sony to show this game during the E3... With all expectations arround it it would be a really bad move.

IGN is acting unprofessionally and they deserve being called out for it.

I totally agree with that. They made a mistake and received false information :)

Now calling them "liars" for that is just plain wrong... The word means a totally different thing...

"Officially" cancelled. A flat out lie.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
Imaginedvl said:
I totally agree with that. They made a mistake and received false information :)

Now calling them "liars" for that is just plain wrong... The word means a totally different thing...

"Officially" cancelled. A flat out lie.

Yeah it's total click bait... it is a lie, it was not official it was a rumour. It's only official if SONY themselves officially say it to the press.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Imaginedvl said:
Kyuu said:
Imaginedvl said:

Typical from the internet.... "IGN 'lied'..."
Seriously you people need to stop dramatizing everything... Lies, Desperation, Evil :)
At least look up at the definition of the words you are using.

I'm expecting Sony to show this game during the E3... With all expectations arround it it would be a really bad move.

IGN is acting unprofessionally and they deserve being called out for it.

They said it was officially canceled. Nothing is official unless Sony says so. It was a lie.

Ah, the Kotaku strategy http://kotaku.com/5927645/rumor-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-is-dead

http://touch.destructoid.com/destructoid/#!/entry/square-enix-final-fantasy-xiii-versus-not-cancelled,51b6d147c5f0cf15b3764f10

while obviously this doesn't in any way confirm we will see TLG tomorrow, as he's talking about all rumours and talk in general, but..we'll see tomorrow.

Around the Network

If this game isn't on stage tomorrow now I'm gonna be annoyed.

4 ≈ One

Kyuu said:

IGN: "I think our sources might know more than Yoshida, Scott and Adam Boyes"

why would they even receive "further word from Sony"...E3 is tomorrow *facepalm*

shikamaru317 said:

Could it be that the game IS actually cancelled and Sony doesn't want the negative news weighing down their E3 showing? If that's the case, E3 will likely come and pass without The Last Guardian news and then sometime after E3 they'll make the announcement that it has been cancelled.

Just pointing out a possibility, not saying that is what is happening. Could be announced for PS4 tomorrow during the press conference. 

Entirely possible, it's still poor reporting from IGN.  They haven't gotten official word of anything, from anyone regarding TLG, and now they're playing semantics to try and goose-step on back from their 'official' source that has no name.

Raziel123 said:

IGN: "I think our sources might know more than Yoshida, Scott and Adam Boyes"

IGN source is KAZ Himself :o

Too  bad it was this kaz:

manny10032 said:
Thuway thinks it was Sony purposely leaking the bad info to track down company insiders.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=115276462

That really makes absolutely no fucking sense.