By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: The Last Guardian Officially Cancelled! Edit: Not Cancelled? IGN Lied?

this game is not going to be shown at e3 if it were then they had no reason to say the rumor was false

Around the Network

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/the-last-guardian-an-apology

This game is in Duke Nukem Forever territory. The only difference is that this game will score high, and be applauded when it finally comes out. Because of the developers involved, and that it will be an exclusive. True fans will call it out if it stinks, but most will not, and consider this as a victory for Sony.

poklane said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Aparently if random Russian journalists say something its automatically the truth. Yoshida had said like 300 times the game wasnt canceled already...

It's just insane how quickly something becomes a rumor these days. If 2 random Russians say TLG is canceled, it's a 'rumor'? No, piss off!

Random Russians FTW! Who else could activate the Reality Distortion Field now that Steve Jobs is dead?   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Kyuu said:
AndrewWK said:
Does it matter anymore? I mean what is this game? They should just admit defeat and cut their loses it has become just a shit show now.

It was shown over and over again that people genuinely care about this game. If I personally don't like God of War and see it as a button-masher's Devil May Cry, I wouldn't go around imposing my trivial opinion upon its fanbase. You know these ignorant "who cares about the game anymore?" comments are baseless when a significant number of core gamers clearly do. Accept reality and move on as we heard your opinion multiple times already.

Unless the game development was halted many years ago during early stages, it makes ZERO financial sense for Sony to cancel the game. Millions of dollars were spent on the project and the only way to cut down the losses is by actually making the game and selling it to consumers. What you're suggesting is basically "burn your money because I don't like the game and fuck those patient morons who do"

Cancelling The Last Guardian at this point isn't going to cut any losses. It's quite the contrary.

Its that I don´t care about it, I actually do care a lot. But a game that has be this in development must have cost a huge amount of money, by the time it comes out half a million people will buy it and thats basically it. Just cancel it and start something new.