By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Hardware at E3

Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:
Ooh, very exciting. A Wii U without the gamepad I wonder?

thats never going to happen (not sure if you kno that?)

Come now tbone. Anything is possible.

MS have released an Xbox One where Kinect is not standard. Why can Nintendo not release a Wii U where the GamePad is not standard?

There is a huge difference between the two though. :-/ It wont happen (not 100% impossible, but im betting on the 99% :p

Around the Network

Redesign of the ps3 followed with a price cut.

GribbleGrunger said:
BenVTrigger said:

No clue sorry for vagueness but thats all Ive got

Is it something you know personally or was it passed along to you? Are you already stocking it?!

I have it confirmed in a way that its for sure real.

Im sorry I cant say more.

3DS U XL! Newly built in 9 inch screen. It will upscale your games till they look like crap and is only twice as bulky as the Atari Lynx.

(the U stands for 'Ultra' but it actually serves the purpose of sparking even more confusion between different Nintendo systems)

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Conegamer said:
tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:
Ooh, very exciting. A Wii U without the gamepad I wonder?

thats never going to happen (not sure if you kno that?)

MS have released an Xbox One where Kinect is not standard. Why can Nintendo not release a Wii U where the GamePad is not standard?

Because Nintendo believes in their initials! Hah! 

I'm going to be so dissapointed!

But to be serious, isn't the Wii U a little more dependent on the gamepad than the XOne on its Kinect?

Around the Network

The Wii U remodel I predicted. Come on, big money!!!

please PLEASE be Morpheus

I think it depends on where Ben got it from. A human, a spreadsheet, a glimpse on prototype?

I think it would be less vague if it actually was Sony VR or QoL.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:

There is a huge difference between the two though. :-/ It wont happen (not 100% impossible, but im betting on the 99% :p

And why exactly is there a huge difference? Almost every Wii U game can be played without the GamePad, after all. Dropping it would block you off to a handful of games at best, and so you wouldn't lose too much if you sell it seperately.

A Wii U for £150 ($200) with no GamePad would fly off the shelves. I could guarantee that. No doubt Nintendo have figured that out too, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Benv surely you must know who the manufacturer is

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|