By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After Wii U's disappointing Hw boost do you still think Nintendo was lowballing?

Let's not beat around the bush, the Wii U had a disappointing showing coming off of it's biggest Ip and one of the last chances to spur sales. There is no getting around this fact. Sure, going from 30 k to 180k is an accomplishment but this was not what people were expecting when they were saying Wii U will reach 30-40m lifetime because the biggest titles haven't released yet. So, here is the question. Do you still think Nintendo lowballed projections? Follow up, do you think Wii U will still past 22m(Gc total)?

For reference Wii U sold about 400k in 2months. Leaving about 3.2m for the next 10months.

Around the Network

Lowballing? Didn't you hear? Ps4 and wii u are now duking it out for FIRST PLACE!

They only have to maintain this momentum.

jigokutamago said:
They only have to maintain this momentum.

Which every big game ever released will show, they won't. That could pretty much be stated as a law

The only way to know about if the hardware boost is a disappointment is to see the lasting effects. Until we see the next couple of weeks after MK8 launch we can't see much negatively or positively. It was certainly a large one week boost, but if it doesn't boost the standard week to week sales of the WiiU for the rest of the year by a pretty large amount then the WiiU is still decidedly fucked.

Around the Network

disappointing? For you maybe.

Click HERE and be happy 

Torillian said:
The only way to know about if the hardware boost is a disappointment is to see the lasting effects. Until we see the next couple of weeks after MK8 launch we can't see much negatively or positively. It was certainly a large one week boost, but if it doesn't boost the standard week to week sales of the WiiU for the rest of the year by a pretty large amount then the WiiU is still decidedly fucked.

I can dig that. But I'm talking about the people who were saying Nintendo will pass their projections soon because Mk8 will be massive. There were a good amount of those people. Mk8 came out and Nintendo are nowhere near projections and won't pass it soon. Thus my description as disappointing 

Needs another Christmas before we can say for sure.

Of course they weren't, that was a ridiculous statement to begin with, may they sell more than the projection? Sure, but I don't see Wii U selling past 4 million units this year. Nintendo was finally realistic.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Facepalm