By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After Wii U's disappointing Hw boost do you still think Nintendo was lowballing?

The WiiU will be around till 2018 at the very least. The best year should be 2015 & 2016 when the system will retail for $249.99 or less.

2012 - 2.2 million
2013 - 3.2 million
2014 - current 900k - estimate for the year should be around 5 million
2015 - 7-8 million
2016 - 7-8 million
2017 - 5-7 million
2018 - 2-3 million

Last year WiiU's May, June, July and August sales were dreadful and they barely sold any consoles.

May-Aug 2013 sales were 426K ...... the WiiU sold 276K in May 2014 alone and Mario Kart is a game that can sustain sales for a long period of time.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182971&page=11#3

Want more? Look no further than pigpen or Zero999. Want more than that? Then let me find that. When the Nintendo projections came out there was a large following claiming the Wii U will shoot past them

well in the sw numbers thread zero also was the outlier, i'll repeat we're gonna base threads on outliers as norm ?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think it did great. I do remember some people predicting it would be above the ps4 and it probably would have if it wasn't for Watch Dogs.

yvanjean said:
The WiiU will be around till 2018 at the very least. The best year should be 2015 & 2016 when the system will retail for $249.99 or less.

2012 - 2.2 million
2013 - 3.2 million
2015 - 7-8 million
2016 - 7-8 million
2017 - 5-7 million
2018 - 2-3 million

Last year WiiU's May, June, July and August sales were dreadful and they barely sold any consoles.

May-Aug 2013 sales were 426K ...... the WiiU sold 276K in May 2014 alone and Mario Kart is a game that can sustain sales for a long period of time.

So, what do you think lifetime total will be?

yvanjean said:

2012 - 2.2 million
2013 - 3.2 million
2015 - 7-8 million
2016 - 7-8 million
2017 - 5-7 million
2018 - 2-3 million

So, what do you think lifetime total will be?

Well if we add it up .... 31.5 - 36.5 million WiiU's

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

Want more? Look no further than pigpen or Zero999. Want more than that? Then let me find that. When the Nintendo projections came out there was a large following claiming the Wii U will shoot past them

well in the sw numbers thread zero also was the outlier, i'll repeat we're gonna base threads on outliers as norm ?

The prediction thread is a product of goalposts being moved. This forum has short term memory problems if they don't remember the news of 3.6m Wii Us for the FY and the reactions following it. I'm not basing this on outliers but those reactions. In order for Nintendo to "blow by the lowballed projections" WiiU needed a much bigger boost than 150k

The only direct prediction in that thread was "It might be able to break 100k first week, "

Come up with this "camp" or the thread gets locked.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Max we are asking for concrete proof, you can't give us the "predictions" of two outliers like Zero and Pigpen and take it to generalize the entire Nintendo fanbase. You are not making any sense...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Viper1 said:

The only direct prediction in that thread was "It might be able to break 100k first week, "

Come up with this "camp" or the thread gets locked.

Lol, you're ridiculous. You think Wii U will sell 4m in 6m? For that to happen MK8(which is attributed in the thread) needed to do better. I also directly named 2 other posters? How many more do you need for a camp?

Asking whether or not we still think Nintendo was lowballing is a legitimate question. It's the "WiiU's disappointing HW boost" part that people are laughing at - and rightfully so.