By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U best console of all time??

Twilord said:
hunter_alien said:
Twilord said:
Anfebious said:
Not at all... I would rank it as the worst Nintendo console in fact (judging it by the games it has now).

Yeah... cause the Vita is the best console of all time, ain't that right Anfebious? :P

Seriously the only way you're gonna live that down is when you're caught dancing naked in the light of Nintendo. - At that point you'll have a whole other set of problems.

Again, it boils down to personal taste. IMO the Vita has the superior library thus far.

OT: No, somehow I doubt it. Even if you only take Nintendo systems, you have to take into consideration pretty much every other Nintendo console thus far. IMO at the moment it ranks lowest, and there is a good chance that it will stay there.

I didn't mean to insult the Vita; I was merely pointing out that Anfebious has been known to make wild declarations against the Wii-U - there are actually a number of Vita games I'd love to get my hands on... truthfully a true Little King's Story 2 might make it worth my while to put it alongside my 3DS if I find myself with a future job I have to travel for (though its not really that worthwhile at the moment as I currently work from home).

Dont worry, I didnt take it as an insult . Its actually the same for me with the 3DS. I really want one, but I dont have any cash at the moment, and probably wont have any untill the end of the year My god I hate my faculty and poor salary

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Viltgance said:

How often in todays day and age do you have a game come out and launch flawlessly on launch day.  A game that isn't broken, or have day 1 patches.  No DLC/season pass bullshit, no network crashes.   Just popping the game in and having an awesome time playing it surprisingly doesn't happen to often anymore on day 1 or any day for that matter.  I feel with Nintendo and the Wii U I can go to the store on launch day and pick the game up and know it will be a pure quality product and loads of fun......kind of like Squaresoft in their prime. 

Every game that has come out has been getting rave reviews and are some of the most memorable gaming experiences, but the console can't seem to get rid of that "underpowered/inferior" title it got tagged with.  Now finally maybe people are starting to realize that the cheaper, more affordable, "underpowered" console is the right way to go.  Most gaming experiences that the Ps4/Xbox have to offer can be played on any console or the PC, but the Wii U is the only place you can play Nintendo games and alot of other exclusives.

Those two paragraphs are very true. Wii U might be for now the best option among the three, but only time will tell. There are a lot of great games coming out, and for now Nintendo launched so many great games in the past 8 months (Wind Waker, W101, Pikmin 3, SM3DW, DKC:TF, MK8) that I can truly understand your logic. Yes, those games weren't flawed in the beginning and didn't need to be fixed. But as I said, let's wait 'til the developers can really catch up with the technology and elaborate efficient ways to save costs, energy and also to master the new generation. Let's wait for Destiny and see what it can do.

DerNebel said:
No it isn't, no it'll never be.

it can be. But it will never sell more than PS4, but still can be console if we talk about games

Click HERE and be happy 

I wouldn't even rank the WiiU particularly high within a list of Nintendo's own systems, let alone call it the best of all time :/ It does have some good games, but it lacks a large enough quantity of them to be able to stand up against the GC, N64, Wii etc.

Not even top 3 Nintendo console. Might end up being one of the best, but right now it isn't even close. It's actually at the bottom of the list of systems I've owned.

Around the Network

As far as I´m concerned, not even close, it´s even the worst Nintendo system so far, in my opinion.

The system has been on the market for 19 months.At the same point in time, I was having more fun with the Wii, the Gamecube, the N64 and the SNES...though not impossible, I find it unlikely the situation changes.

If you like Nintendo games, and pretty much only Nintendo games, and you discount basically every other system they've ever released...maybe?

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Viltgance said:
I have put countless hours into my Wii U and haven't had this much fun gaming in years and know there is plenty more fun on the way.  The internet and bad marketing have giving Nintendo a hard time as of late but I will always respect their business model and continue to support it as long as they keep making world class games. 

These few lines alone say a LOT about everything else you are saying and why you would even make a thread like this to begin with. Then again, if you came from the Wii to the WiiU, I can clearly understand why you could say you haven't had this much fun in years. Feels good playing actual games doesn't it?

The internet hasn't given nintendo a hard time, nintendo has given nintendo a hard time. And the general consumer is making this clear en masse through their money(or lack of it so to speak). And this much respected business model you speak of, well... I am happy that you are at happy and enjoying your console, thats whats important. And I am sure nintendo is very hapy and satisfisfied with their business model selling consoles to you and all the others like you.... well, all 7M of you so far. 

Don't fret though, being that MK8 is out now and Zelda and Metroid are on the way, the world can finally see how stupid we all have been to ever doubt nintendo. Nintendomination FTW!!!!

You see? I can do crazy talk too :)

Anyone who answers yes has obviously never owned any other console. WiiU isn't even Nintendo's best console. That would be NES.

DerNebel said:
No it isn't, no it'll never be.

It's still the PS2.