By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shouldn't success be measured by the games?

Riot Of The Blood said:
DMeisterJ said:

@ grandmaster

Yeah, why are you here if we all annoy you?

It doesn't make me that mad. I can deal with being annoyed. Most of the time it's over stupid stuff anyways. I'm fine right now.

well atleast your sig is cool..=D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Sounds like you've given up on the 360's sales and are already starting to get arguments ready for your thread "Why the third place in a console race isn't too bad after all" to me.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Nintendo hasn't won a console war in so damn long, that Nintendo Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a winning console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Riot Of The Blood said:
DMeisterJ said:

@ grandmaster

It doesn't make me that mad. I can deal with being annoyed. Most of the time it's over stupid stuff anyways. I'm fine right now.

So you ARE grandmaster. :o

@nintendo_fanboy:  That's what I was thinking, lol. 

makingmusic476 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
DMeisterJ said:

@ grandmaster

So you ARE grandmaster. :o

No.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

I think sales are strongly linked to what games a system has though. If you look at the 360 there are games it has that were once PS3 exclusive(or at least though to be, ie. DMC4), but strong sales in the US and an early lead made developers consider the platform more seriously.

Had the 360 somehow totally bombed in its first year, I think it's likely that it wouldn't have many of the games it does. The PS3 library has been negatively effected by lower than expected (though not as bad as some people like to say) sales as well. Some games have not only gone multi-platform, but even abandoned the console. And of course, the far higher than expected Wii sales have given Nintendo's line-up a big boost. Monster Hunter 3 for example switched from the PS3 to the Wii. There's no way Capcom would put such a big title (in Japan) on Wii if the sales trends were reversed.

Sales are a very big indicator what will come to a platform in the future. People don't just buy consoles for what's on the shelf at that moment, they have expectations of more games coming, so how well a console is selling is quite relevant in addition to the current line-up.

The_vagabond7 said:
You're in the wrong place, legend. This site is dedicated specifically to what you just described. Go to Gamefaqs or so other board where they could care less about the numbers, and they aren't going to be constantly arguing about numbers. This however is a numbers site. This sales meta-game is just a sub-sect of an overall larger meta-game of console wars. And the site you're on happens to be dedicated to the meta-game that you're complaining about. So get on board the train, and let's compare numbers, otherwise I don't know what you're doing here.

There's a sales forum to talk about sales.  But some people seem to want to make every forum here into a sales forum.  For example if I started a thread about Tales of Vesperia to talk about the game's artwork,etc it would just get derailed by people talking about it's Japanese sales and why it should be on another console.  It seems almost impossible to create a thread here and not have it ruined in such a way.  Maybe I'm just wishing for thought provoking and quality discussions that a lot of people seem to be too immature to take part in.

I'm still waiting on you to answer me Legend. Tell me how you prove one game is quality, and another is not.

naznatips said:
I'm still waiting on you to answer me Legend. Tell me how you prove one game is quality, and another is not.

Opinion

That's the only way. If I say my console is better than yours, that means it's better than yours, and nothing can change my mind. 

Seriously, though, there's no way to prove anything. I think the Gamecube had the best games, but this is an opinion shared by few. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Nintendo hasn't won a console war in so damn long, that Nintendo Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a winning console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

*boxart of Super Mario Galaxy*

I hope for your sake that this picture wasn't meant to be a personal attack.

Don't go there Rol. DON'T. GO. THERE. PLEASE.