By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shouldn't success be measured by the games?

I think it's like that because it's harder to define what a "good game" is then to tell that number A is larger then number B.

I'm sure everyone has at least one game they hate even though it received high scores from reviewers and was generally applauded as being a great game.

Edit: Crap, Naz beat me to it.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Neos said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Go to a different site, and you will see it's just VGchartz and Nintendo fans that think that way. Most gamers care about the games. Only idiots go for hype and console war bullshit.

sure thing grandmaster, why are you here anyway if everyone annoys you?

Who says everyone annoys me? I'm fine, I just get mad when I don't get my way.

Doesn't that sound a bit ehm..unreasonable? =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

You're in the wrong place, legend. This site is dedicated specifically to what you just described. Go to Gamefaqs or some other board where they could care less about the numbers, and they won't be constantly arguing about numbers.

This however is a numbers site. This sales meta-game is just a sub-sect of an overall larger meta-game of console wars. And the site you're on happens to be dedicated to the meta-game that you're complaining about. So get on board the train, and let's compare numbers, otherwise I don't know what you're doing here.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Neos said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Neos said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Go to a different site, and you will see it's just VGchartz and Nintendo fans that think that way. Most gamers care about the games. Only idiots go for hype and console war bullshit.

Meh, it's the truth. I see no reason to deny it. When something doesn't go my way, I get mad.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

naznatips said:
Sure Legend, a console should be judged by the games. You want to tell me a definite, unarguable way we can determine which console has the best games?

i gots an idea. hows about teh console that sells teh most has teh most gamez that teh consumers in teh market lyke on it?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network
Neos said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Neos said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

@ grandmaster

Yeah, why are you here if we all annoy you?

people also sometimes forget that the "console wars" will never end. companies many come and go but there will always be someone squaring off. it's not like its something new for multiple consoles to be out at the same time, fighting for sales.

Um...this is a sales site. :|

DMeisterJ said:

@ grandmaster

Yeah, why are you here if we all annoy you?

It doesn't make me that mad. I can deal with being annoyed. Most of the time it's over stupid stuff anyways. I'm fine right now.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

The problem is, taste in games varies too much between every person. Sales are much easier to go by.