By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shouldn't success be measured by the games?

darconi said:
DMeisterJ said:
darconi said:
DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Sony hasn't lost a console war in ever, that Sony Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a losing console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

Fixed. Easy way for me to place the blame on others isn't it?.

Fix'd.

Can't have an argument without someone else to respond back.  And you were the first to bring it up in this thread so don't pretend like you're an innocent party.  Pathetic.

LOL whatever.  Guess you're one of the people that can't handle it.

@ Neos

LOL.  too bad the pic is all pixelated.

Around the Network
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
fkusumot said:
RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Nintendo hasn't won a console war in so damn long, that Nintendo Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a winning console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

*boxart of Super Mario Galaxy*

I hope for your sake that this picture wasn't meant to be a personal attack.

Don't go there Rol. DON'T. GO. THERE. PLEASE.

@ ZenfoldorVGI

I am Mr Gay? Well, you my friend are mr. reported.

i giggled =D, nice one Dmeister =P

r u saying mario is gay? or wut?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

i know, it makes the kitty even more sadder =(

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Strategyking92 said:
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
fkusumot said:
RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Nintendo hasn't won a console war in so damn long, that Nintendo Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a winning console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

*boxart of Super Mario Galaxy*

I hope for your sake that this picture wasn't meant to be a personal attack.

Don't go there Rol. DON'T. GO. THERE. PLEASE.

@ ZenfoldorVGI

I am Mr Gay? Well, you my friend are mr. reported.

i giggled =D, nice one Dmeister =P

r u saying mario is gay? or wut?

why are you quoting me?! leave me out of this lol =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

darconi said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
Sounds like you've given up on the 360's sales and are already starting to get arguments ready for your thread "Why the third place in a console race isn't too bad after all" to me.

Ding Ding Ding!!  We have a winner.  The losers always shift focus away from how they're doing relative to the winners (i.e. numbers/sales) and focus on how the people that own it are having fun (i.e. look we got fun games!).

No I made this thread because of threads like: "Microsoft Xbox 360 at 18 million, sucks everywhere except America/Britain", "Microsoft domination starts in", and "To all trespassers: Get the fudge out.".  Threads that are either off topic but placed in here to troll about sales or simply people tired of the trolling because of sales.  I couldn't care less about sales to be honest because the 360 is already at a point where it has moved enough software that developers will continue to put great games on the system.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Sure Legend, a console should be judged by the games. You want to tell me a definite, unarguable way we can determine which console has the best games?

Easy.

Think that settles that. I mean it's why the PS2 won last generation.

Also why PC gaming is still around.

Ninjabread man decides who has the best games. =P 

DMeisterJ said:
darconi said:
DMeisterJ said:
darconi said:
DMeisterJ said:
A lot of the problem is that Sony hasn't lost a console war in ever, that Sony Fanboys can't handle it that the Wii is actually winning, and they've picked a losing console. They don't know how to handle themselves.

Fix'd.

Can't have an argument without someone else to respond back. And you were the first to bring it up in this thread so don't pretend like you're an innocent party. Pathetic.

LOL whatever. Guess you're one of the people that can't handle it.

@ Neos

LOL. too bad the pic is all pixelated.

LOL.  Coming from the person who goes around threads and trolling/flamebaiting the console wars most of the time, that was priceless.  Thanks for the laugh.

Legend11 said:

No I made this thread because of threads like: "Microsoft Xbox 360 at 18 million, sucks everywhere except America/Britain", "Microsoft domination starts in", and "To all trespassers: Get the fudge out.". Threads that are either off topic but placed in here to troll about sales or simply people tired of the trolling because of sales. I couldn't care less about sales to be honest because the 360 is already at a point where it has moved enough software that developers will continue to put great games on the system

*looks at website. Looks at post. Looks at front page. Looks at post.*

So uh...why are you here then? I couldn't care less about flowers, and thusly I don't post on "Perennials, Herbs & flowers message board". This is a sales site. So if you don't care about sales, why are you posting here as opposed to I dunno, IGN, Gamefaqs, or any of the other hundreds of message boards that are about the games themselves rather than the sales of said games?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

There's one legitimate reason to care about sales: future trends.

If a game or console sells well, it portends more games of that ilk or more games in general on that system.

For me in particular, I've been drawn back into console gaming specifically by the burgeoning (cough) "non game" games, such as Wii Sports and Endless Ocean. Having the Wii sell well means, for my sake, more of these types of games.

Consider Halo, as another example. Consider the ramifications if Halo 1 had not sold well. Let me list them!

1) We likely wouldn't have a Halo 2 or Halo 3
2) The Xbox would have sold significant worse than it did, because Halo was clearly its flagship title
3) The Xbox 360 may not exist as a result of 2
4) We'd have significantly fewer FPS on the market, because Halo was the breakout console hit for FPS. As a great example, it's quite likely Bioshock would never have been made, because it apparently was just barely given the green light even in this FPS-hungry environment.

There are lots more, of course. But the point is that success for a game, a console, or a genre has effects on the future of gaming. That is the real reason to be concerned with sales.

Legend is absolutely correct, however, that many just turn it into some bizarre competition. It's particularly interesting to see Nintendo fans who do not like casual games gloating over the Wii's success; it's quite likely that the Wii's success will have little effect on the type of games they personally like (still some effect, as Galaxy/TP/etc. are still selling better than their counterparts on the GC thus far, thus ensuring that Nintendo's strength in these "hardcore" areas will continue to grow), but they don't seem to care as long as Nintendo is winning.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

darconi said:
DMeisterJ said:
darconi said:
DMeisterJ said:
darconi said:
DMeisterJ said:

Fix'd.

Can't have an argument without someone else to respond back. And you were the first to bring it up in this thread so don't pretend like you're an innocent party. Pathetic.

LOL whatever. Guess you're one of the people that can't handle it.

@ Neos

LOL. too bad the pic is all pixelated.

LOL.  Coming from the person who goes around threads and trolling/flamebaiting the console wars most of the time, that was priceless.  Thanks for the laugh.

Yes, I troll/flamebait.  You haven't even posted enough or been here long enough to make that assumption.