By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shouldn't success be measured by the games?

Legend11 said:
darconi said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
Sounds like you've given up on the 360's sales and are already starting to get arguments ready for your thread "Why the third place in a console race isn't too bad after all" to me.

Ding Ding Ding!! We have a winner. The losers always shift focus away from how they're doing relative to the winners (i.e. numbers/sales) and focus on how the people that own it are having fun (i.e. look we got fun games!).

No I made this thread because of threads like: "Microsoft Xbox 360 at 18 million, sucks everywhere except America/Britain", "Microsoft domination starts in", and "To all trespassers: Get the fudge out.". Threads that are either off topic but placed in here to troll about sales or simply people tired of the trolling because of sales. I couldn't care less about sales to be honest because the 360 is already at a point where it has moved enough software that developers will continue to put great games on the system.

My post earlier in this thread:

makingmusic476 said:
Um...this is a sales site. :|

So, why are you here? 

Around the Network

if its by games then 360 is a distant 3rd, any way you look at it the xbox is the worst console.

Well the "Sales Discussions" forum implies to me that any discussions dealing in sales should be in that forum. So I don't really understand how people can be confused about which forum to post in when they want to post a thread that discusses sales.

While the "Microsoft Discussions" and the description being "Xbox / 360, Halo, XBL, Live Arcade - keep it all in here!" seems to imply that the discussions are about products related to Microsoft. So I don't understand why some people think that means Sony or Nintendo products or comparisons.

Mars said:
if its by games then 360 is a distant 3rd, any way you look at it the xbox is th eworst console.

There's virtually nothing on the 360 I enjoy right now (Do not care for Gears of War, Halo, or Bioshock, and I have Orange Box on the PC), and I would still argue the 360 has the best current lineup of games.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

Legend is absolutely correct, however, that many just turn it into some bizarre competition. It's particularly interesting to see Nintendo fans who do not like casual games gloating over the Wii's success; it's quite likely that the Wii's success will have little effect on the type of games they personally like (still some effect, as Galaxy/TP/etc. are still selling better than their counterparts on the GC thus far, thus ensuring that Nintendo's strength in these "hardcore" areas will continue to grow), but they don't seem to care as long as Nintendo is winning.

I attribute this bizzare competition to a sort of tribal instinct that we have as humans. As nature dictates it's our tendency to form tribes, and conversely opposing tribes. We see it in numerous areas, we route for sports teams, drivers, specific car or truck brands, clothing lines, ect ect. And then treat them almost like our diety/representation of certain (usually non-concrete) set of ideals, and that bonds us. Ford fans unite against chevy fans, Nintendo fans unite against Sony fans. Sony fans have similar histories, and ideas of what gaming should be, Nintendo fans often have similar histories and ideas of what gaming is formed by said history. Now we have seperate tribes, and what do tribes do? War. Using our respective deities as weapons we wage war. Sports teams clash like mighty gods to justify our beliefs and comradery grows as a result. We're all just a bunch of primal nerds. but that is neither here nor there.

This is a sales site. Sales are the weapons of choice here.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

i agree with you legend.. but its a lost cause

Bodhesatva said:
Mars said:
if its by games then 360 is a distant 3rd, any way you look at it the xbox is th eworst console.

There's virtually nothing on the 360 I enjoy right now (Do not care for Gears of War, Halo, or Bioshock, and I have Orange Box on the PC), and I would still argue the 360 has the best current lineup of games.

it has the best line up of Shooters, but a broad term like games it does not.

Bodhesatva said:
Mars said:

But there is the problem right there.  That's not an argument you should ever get in, because it isn't based on anything but opinion.  

You still haven't answered why you spend so much time posting on a sales site if you don't care about sales. Go to gamefaqs and you are completely safe from sales talk.

The fact of the matter is, you're in the wrong place to get what you want.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

naznatips said:
Bodhesatva said:
Mars said:

But there is the problem right there. That's not an argument you should ever get in, because it isn't based on anything but opinion.

Exactly.  It can't be argued.