By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So who here thinks Sony will announce Vita TV at E3?

So who here thinks that sony will officially announce the ps vita TV for the west at this years e3?  Oh and before anybodys asks no I wont be adding a poll (cause I have no idea how.)

Around the Network

Yes, I think everyday.

Jk, but yea, Vita Tv is more suited for the western market.

and you add polls by clicking the box that says "add poll" near the tools and stuff.

Would anyone even buy a Vita tv lolll... I mean, Vita sales are low as hell already and announcing the vita TV with even less games to pick from doesnt really seem like a good idea even if it is like $100 (I think) and considering there are plenty of other options for streaming like that amazon thing and chromecast to a certain extent, launching it seems like a its terrible idea and the money should go towards something else... Also, Sony will be pushing VR and ps4 more than anything so I doubt they will be pushing the Vita TV at all

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think the Vita TV was a very specific attempt to spur console gaming back up in Japan, and it hasn't worked. I don't think it's impossible, but I don't see why it would happen here. The west has the opposite issue. The last thing someone with a PS3 here would want to do is plug in another console to play largely the same games in lower graphical quality.

you should add a poll

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I hope they announce it at E3 but please not at the press conference.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I dont know, that would require sony spending some time at e3 to talk about the vita... Maybe after e3 is over they will announce it in the middle of the night so nobody knows about it... That seems more like a strategy sony would take with a vita device

Seriously though, Im guessing that they wont.

I don't think Sony even remembers what the Vita is.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Would anyone even buy a Vita tv lolll... I mean, Vita sales are low as hell already and announcing the vita TV with even less games to pick from doesnt really seem like a good idea even if it is like $100 (I think) and considering there are plenty of other options for streaming like that amazon thing and chromecast to a certain extent, launching it seems like a its terrible idea and the money should go towards something else... Also, Sony will be pushing VR and ps4 more than anything so I doubt they will be pushing the Vita TV at all

I would buy it for 100 bucks, the only reason i dont have a vita already is because i dont like handhelds (i dont like playing on those small screens) and if i get acces to 90% of the games and im able to play them on my HDTV with an actual DS3 then F&ck yes im buying that. i mean most of the games that i like dont even need the touch functionality:

P4 GOLDEN, FREEDOM WARS, GOD EATER 2, TOUKIDEN, SOUL SACRIFICE ETC.

besides the thing is also bacwards compatible so i also get to play all the games i missed on the PSP like Valkirya Chronicles 2, 3 a To aru Majutsu no Index Game, Final Fantasy Dissidia, Shining Heart etc.

and i bet im not the only one who is in my position (likes handheld games but dislike playing them on handhelds)

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

How does the Vita TV have even less games to pick from. There's a single digit list of game that don't work.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.