By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - so how about the almost 80 k for wii u in just the usa

Mario kart is a huge system seller Im expecting around 150k hardware mario kart 8 made the wii u go boom lets get it Nintendo!

Around the Network

I hope that mario kart can sustain hw sales for a few weeks but we will see

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Its like 187K sales for the week (you have to go into tools to see it)...pretty darn impressive. I hope it keeps it up :D

It should stagnate at a higher number than before... hopefully.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

KoopaKid said:

Mario kart is a huge system seller Im expecting around 150k hardware mario kart 8 made the wii u go boom lets get it Nintendo!

Great game on a great system. I only now realized as well that (maybe it was in an update), I can grab my pro controller (edit: my wiimote)and activate the console, getting straight to mario kart without the gamepad. I like the gamepad, but I don't want to overuse it or leave it sitting around so I'd like to rest it under my TV here and there. 

MK8 is unlike any other system seller in that it will sell the Wii U for the next 7 years + while the likes of watchdogs will be obselete in a year or 2. 

Around the Network

The question now is, what is the new "stable" weekly base for the Wii U going to be like, and when will another game pick it up?

Love and tolerate.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
KoopaKid said:

Great game on a great system. I only now realized as well that (maybe it was in an update), I can grab my pro controller and activate the console, getting straight to mario kart without the gamepad. I like the gamepad, but I don't want to overuse it or leave it sitting around so I'd like to rest it under my TV here and there. 

MK8 is unlike any other system seller in that it will sell the Wii U for the next 7 years + while the likes of watchdogs will be obselete in a year or 2. 

Really? They didn't mention that as part of the update...

Mystro-Sama said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
KoopaKid said:

Great game on a great system. I only now realized as well that (maybe it was in an update), I can grab my pro controller and activate the console, getting straight to mario kart without the gamepad. I like the gamepad, but I don't want to overuse it or leave it sitting around so I'd like to rest it under my TV here and there. 

Sorry not my pro controller. My Wiimote. 

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Mystro-Sama said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
KoopaKid said:

Sorry not my pro controller. My Wiimote. 

Dude... Not cool :/

Turning the WiiU console ON without the gamepad and accessing MK or the free game from the "quicke launch menu" is cool!!!

I can keep the Pro Controller in the living room together with the WiiU. And have the gamepad in my bedroom :)

Its like having 2 consoles (since I have 2 WiiU's its like having 4 muahahahahahahahahaha! Now make me access my premium console's games with my basic model Nintendo! I want a "1 account for several systems" update!)

Meh.... I just read that it was a Wiimote....