By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales 01/06/14 - Mario Kart 8 Week! (>325k SW, 19k HW)

Japan didn't get the bundle or the free game like the West does, keep that in mind everyone.

Around the Network
trestres said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Ninty HQ right now

Good start for MK8, end of the line for U. On a side note, the 1.2 million were definitely shipped, not sold.

Noire definitely under expectations, I hope STING/Compile get the message and that next time they will make sure to deliver decent graphics.

lol @ Trials Fusion & Arcana Heart

I don't know about that, you are forgetting that Digital sales will add an important chunk to sales. I think the 1.2 million are sold, since we have no idea of the Digital sales from the eShop . Could push up the number to 375 - 400k and that's only Japan. Rest of the world could get to 800k without any problems.

It may be around 400-500k for USA in best case because there are 300k preorders according to VGC. But, i doubt Europe numbers to be around 300+. May be their 1.2 numbers are shipped.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Ps4 release a game last week and it did nothing double standards I'M Done nintendo proved that is successfully all that matters

DerNebel said:
theman1984 said:
Is the wii u number in japan yes

Did it move hardware and software yes

Ps4 release a game and still is failing yes

Wii u number one and that's the only thing that matters if cant handle and your lord and savior the ps4 is failing go seek counseling just don't anything drastic

So whose alt is this?

Guilty!

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:
theman1984 said:

Wii u number one and that's the only thing that matters if cant handle and your lord and savior the ps4 is failing go seek counseling just don't anything drastic

So whose alt is this?

Guilty!

Shame on you. Someone get the banhammer.

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
trestres said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Ninty HQ right now

Good start for MK8, end of the line for U. On a side note, the 1.2 million were definitely shipped, not sold.

Noire definitely under expectations, I hope STING/Compile get the message and that next time they will make sure to deliver decent graphics.

lol @ Trials Fusion & Arcana Heart

I don't know about that, you are forgetting that Digital sales will add an important chunk to sales. I think the 1.2 million are sold, since we have no idea of the Digital sales from the eShop . Could push up the number to 375 - 400k and that's only Japan. Rest of the world could get to 800k without any problems.

It may be around 400-500k for USA in best case because there are 300k preorders according to VGC. But, i doubt Europe numbers to be around 300+. May be their 1.2 numbers are shipped.

Since when are the preorder numbers reliable in a 100% basis? Those are really rough estimates. I highly doubt that all of the Americas would have only sold 20% more than Japan, a single country, and where the promotion and offers were greatly better.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

theman1984 said:

LOL, you were expecting that Infamous will sell tons of hardware?

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

biglittlesps said:
trestres said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Ninty HQ right now

lol @ Trials Fusion & Arcana Hea

VGC rule #1: dont trust preorder numbers, they are the least reliable thing on this site.

Nintendo and PC gamer

spurgeonryan said:
osed125 said:

VGC rule #1: dont trust preorder numbers, they are the less reliable thing on this site.

You can trust them, you just have to subtract like 100,000 usually. But as long as we know this. Everything is fine!

So you think that MK8 sold in all the Americas less than half of what Japan did???

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Maybe we can look at the terrible WiiU hardware this way:

- No MK8 bundle
- No price cut yet on normal WiiU
- People that solely want MK will hestitate to get the bundles which include WiiFitU or 2D Mario

Considering this market situation: Many probably bought a used WiiU