By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales 01/06/14 - Mario Kart 8 Week! (>325k SW, 19k HW)

I have to say, I'm fairly disappointed. A 10k boost in sales only? Hopefully this boosts is sustained for weeks to come. Software numbers are....okay.

3DS is actually the really depressing bit of info, YoY sales are only 50% of what they were last year. 3DS has already peaked in Japan and I feel like it's still a new system. Nintendo needs a redesign.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
ElPresidente7 said:
Maybe we can look at the terrible WiiU hardware this way:

- No MK8 bundle
- No price cut yet on normal WiiU
- People that solely want MK will hestitate to get the bundles which include WiiFitU or 2D Mario

Considering this market situation: Many probably bought a used WiiU

you can add the tax increase, but that effects the entire HW lineup

Not a ver good bump? So far then we have a 8k~ boost in UK and a 10k boost in Japan?

US should fair a lot better, should still be around 100k for the week.

Very low sales HW wise, MK software wise is very good.

Kind of sad sales though, especially if you know that the Japanese population is buying iphones in masses to game on, (around 1k-1.5k Iphones sold every hour or less than one day to outsell the Wii U weekly sales)..

So mobile won japan? Its official?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

3DS is actually the really depressing bit of info, YoY sales are only 50% of what they were last year. 3DS has already peaked in Japan and I feel like it's still a new system. Nintendo needs a redesign.

3DS will remain down YoY but that just makes it worse as its number 1 in japan all year long and the only one with successful lifetime numbers :-/

Redesign? 3DS Pro LL :0 (for SSB!)

theman1984 said:
Ps4 release a game last week and it did nothing double standards I'M Done nintendo proved that is successfully all that matters

Did Nintendo prove anything? Sony only released A game last week, Nintendo released THE game last week. Fir Nintendo's biggest IP to only add 10,000 sales is pretty meaningless. I'm actually expecting more of a boost from X.

Wait until FFXV releases in Japan, then PS4 sales will explode.

----

BTW there is SOME good news, WiiU only needs 40,000 more sales then last year to catch up. If it's selling 13,000 a week better that's only 3-4 weeks. Plus I expect a bigger holiday boost.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Hmm... Over estimated the Wii U by 5,000 (lol), but under estimated MK8 by almost 100k. Mk8 is super fun, I am glad it's selling well, and the legs should be very good.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

WiiU did very bad I guess, I predicted 40k, was I over-hyped ?
But daat MK though !!! People were predicting some sub 200k. Well let's just enjoy this week and celebrate for Nintendo !!

Michael-5 said:
theman1984 said:
Ps4 release a game last week and it did nothing double standards I'M Done nintendo proved that is successfully all that matters

Did Nintendo prove anything? Sony only released A game last week, Nintendo released THE game last week. Fir Nintendo's biggest IP to only add 10,000 sales is pretty meaningless. I'm actually expecting more of a boost from X.

Wait until FFXV releases in Japan, then PS4 sales will explode.

----

BTW there is SOME good news, WiiU only needs 40,000 more sales then last year to catch up. If it's selling 13,000 a week better that's only 3-4 weeks. Plus I expect a bigger holiday boost.

It's 69,000 behind.

239k so far this year, 308k last year.

Also it's going to drop so the gains will get smaller than this week (obviously) as for better holiday? Complete toss up as to whether that'll happen or not.