By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales 01/06/14 - Mario Kart 8 Week! (>325k SW, 19k HW)

at this rate poor bayoneta.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

Ninty HQ right now

Good start for MK8, end of the line for U. On a side note, the 1.2 million were definitely shipped, not sold.

Noire definitely under expectations, I hope STING/Compile get the message and that next time they will make sure to deliver decent graphics.

lol @ Trials Fusion & Arcana Heart

fleischr said:
mii-gamer said:

You mean the mario kart 8 bundle? Japan did not receive the same treatment. Plus the had the worst promotion which only allowed the free game to be played for one month.

Software sales are great, but the hardware bump leaves more to be desired.

Which leaves me to wonder if they made the Japan MK8 bundle/promo to have parity with the rest of the world if we'd see better sales.

Not by much I'm afraid..

This seems to be a Japanese thing, ever since the tax hike the market has declined steeply - affecting all consoles from the sublime 3DS to the second coming of home consoles, PS4. Cost of living might be a large part of it, Japanese folks don't have the same disposable income they had before

padib said:
FATALITY said:
at this rate poor bayoneta.

SW sales aren't the problem in this week's chart.

Compare for yourself, MK8 sold more than MK DS and a little less than MK7 first week.

It's the U that's struggling, not the game in this case.

bayoneta never was on nintendo systems. and this chart only prove that every nintendo fan already bought MK8.

how many of them olayed bayoneta?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

ryuzaki57 said:

Ninty HQ right now

Good start for MK8, end of the line for U. On a side note, the 1.2 million were definitely shipped, not sold.

Noire definitely under expectations, I hope STING/Compile get the message and that next time they will make sure to deliver decent graphics.

lol @ Trials Fusion & Arcana Heart

I don't know about that, you are forgetting that Digital sales will add an important chunk to sales. I think the 1.2 million are sold, since we have no idea of the Digital sales from the eShop . Could push up the number to 375 - 400k and that's only Japan. Rest of the world could get to 800k without any problems.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

If FF XV and MGS V dont give the PS4 a significant boost we can 100% confirm console gaming is dead in Japan

Nintendo and PC gamer

Is the wii u number in japan yes

Did it move hardware and software yes

Ps4 release a game and still is failing yes

Wii u number one and that's the only thing that matters if cant handle and your lord and savior the ps4 is failing go seek counseling just don't anything drastic

theman1984 said:

Wii u number one and that's the only thing that matters if cant handle and your lord and savior the ps4 is failing go seek counseling just don't anything drastic

So whose alt is this?

Terrible hardware numbers all around, Wii U abysmal boost, maybe it will be prolonged, we'll see. Vita dropping to alarming levels again, PS4 has no games and no sales.

Wtf is happening really? Where is our saviour the mighty Xbone?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

DerNebel said:
theman1984 said:

So whose alt is this?

blackgoku?