By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales 01/06/14 - Mario Kart 8 Week! (>325k SW, 19k HW)

fleischr said:
Conegamer said:
fleischr said:
kowenicki said:
That is not a very impressive boost for the WiiU is it?

19k sold? Poor imo, and ps4 down to sub 7k?

Jesus, those hardware numbers are poor all round. Really poor.

How is hardware going up over 100% not an impressive hardware boost??

When you look at the SW sales, the boost in the UK and the predictions of those here, it's a fairly uninspired boost. 

Prior to MK8 launch, the UK WiiU situation was pretty bad. Even worse than in Japan. There was already a LOT of room for improvement there.

And while Japan Wii U sales have been low, they've had a reasonably steady baseline.

Are we sure that the console wasn't supply constrained that week?

Oh, come on. Really?

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Xenostar said:
Yeah seems like its over for Wii U, can always hope that this has good legs for hardware sales i suppose.

Supply constraints?

Heres hoping.

Has there been any reports of being sold out?

FATALITY said:
drake_tolu said:
Only 19K Wii U?
Bad... in UK have a 666% and in Japan "only" 120%...

ha ha ha u r joking right?

No that is true.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Xenostar said:
fleischr said:
Xenostar said:
Yeah seems like its over for Wii U, can always hope that this has good legs for hardware sales i suppose.

Supply constraints?

Heres hoping.

Nope. Most reports were saying "great SW sales, small HW bump". Seems pretty accurate.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
fleischr said:
Xenostar said:

Supply constraints?

Heres hoping.

nope. 

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

tbone51 said:

Judging from that graph, you'd think it should hit around the 1.6-2mil mark. That seems a little optimistic so I'll say 1.5mil LT.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Not bad actually for a game that relased near the end of the week, pushed HW sales quite well for Japan.
Mario Kart 7 sold less in Japan that the rest of the world hey.

padib said:
Conegamer said:

That may be but you expect one of the biggest (if not the biggest) games of the year to push more than it did. Sure there was more room for improvement in the UK, but the same can be said for Japan; known as "Nintendo Land" after all.

Also pretty sure the system wouldn't be supply constrained. Nintendo knew this was coming and would have prepared.

Not to mention the bundle sku, did japan get it?

You mean the mario kart 8 bundle? Japan did not receive the same treatment. Plus the had the worst promotion which only allowed the free game to be played for one month.

Software sales are great, but the hardware bump leaves more to be desired.

Conegamer said:
Aerys said:
It's me or the boost is disappointing for Wii U ? I thought it would do at least 50k...

Hopefully, it will get a Mario 3D World effet with bigger boost in weeks coming

Nope, it is. I was thinking more 35-45k, but yeah 19k is dire when you consider the sales of the game.

same here. I was expecting double....

Switch!!!