By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Strong Rumor - God Of War 4 Plot Will Show Kratos Fighting Egyptian Gods

i love GoW but i feel like the series hit a natural conclusion.

while i would like to kill more gods i would rather it go out on a high note than to try to reinvent itself and dilute my nostalgia for the series. i'd like to see a new IP in the same genre from SM.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Bayonetta is flashy, but not very deep, just spam dodge and it isn't very hard, no punishment for it.  
GoW owns scale.  This isn't even subjective.
Story matters to a lot of people.

Yes is it deep. You're punishment is getting a low score. That's how games like Bayonetta work. If you're fine with getting a Bronze rating on normal dificulty, that's on you, but people who like Bayo like it because they want to platinum everything on the toughest difficulty.

And GoW doesn't own scale at all. Unless you think that having a linear level that supposed to aesthetically look like a giant monster equates to scale. I love GoW, but let's not call it something that it isn't.

It doesn't matter to me. Not in a game like this, and not when Bayo's story suffices.

Santa Monica needs to move on from Kratos

They need Kratos's balls to create a new IP. It can be spiritual successor... they need to realize it is their studio and type of game that people like, not necessarily following a Kratos story.

Kratos story was told to completion with end of God of War 3. I don't want any more Kratos

This would be sweet if true............... Please show God Of War....... Pleaseeeeeeee

Ucell said:
AlphaCielago said:
Horus, Anubis and Raa vs Kratos.
Let's go indian instead and put Kratos against Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu.

It would be offensive to me because I am a Hindu. In fact God Of War is one of the biggest gaming series in India and I am sure Santa Monica don't want to lose its Indian fanbase.

So, it is ok to slaugther Greek Gods, or Nordic Gods, but not Indian Gods??

Because you know, none of then are real, they are just creations of human imagination.

Around the Network

Who is making these games Rick Riordan?

spemanig said:
KylieDog said:

Bayonetta is flashy, but not very deep, just spam dodge and it isn't very hard, no punishment for it.  
GoW owns scale.  This isn't even subjective.
Story matters to a lot of people.

Yes is it deep. You're punishment is getting a low score. That's how games like Bayonetta work. If you're fine with getting a Bronze rating on normal dificulty, that's on you, but people who like Bayo like it because they want to platinum everything on the toughest difficulty.

And GoW doesn't own scale at all. Unless you think that having a linear level that supposed to aesthetically look like a giant monster equates to scale. I love GoW, but let's not call it something that it isn't.

It doesn't matter to me. Not in a game like this, and not when Bayo's story suffices.

"What has worked in the past largely still holds true here in great fashion. God of War III practically redefines what the word "scale" means with regards to videogames, as it throws you into scenes with Titans that are larger than entire levels in some other games. The scope of some of these sequences is nothing short of astounding, with playable sequences that take place on creatures the size of a skyscraper. Sony Santa Monica has been promising this all along, but even when you know what sort of experience you're in for, you'll still be blown away by the immensity of some scenes."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/03/08/god-of-war-iii-review

You were saying?

So uhhh...Link?

arcane_chaos said:
So uhhh...Link?

Here you have him:

I only played God of War 1, a great game, but I think it's stupid to make Kratos battle foreign gods. Create a new hero plz.