By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Watch_Dogs sold over 4 millions units during its first week

"Sold-through"

That term has no meaning anymore. It's supposed to refer to units shipped which are actually sold to consumers. But I'm not even sure PR people use it accordingly.

Around the Network

OMG. o.O
Wow, very good! :D

What makes this sellthru special is that there is no Japan nor is there a free game offer with it, but it goes to show that games, pretend hype or not, are still selling at a good clip. wish Ubi would break down console split.

Boutros said:

"Sold-through"

That term has no meaning anymore. It's supposed to refer to units shipped which are actually sold to consumers. But I'm not even sure PR people use it accordingly.

Nobody get mad at me for this (cuz i agree with you here), but didn't MS do this a couple times with HW and SW? "Sell Through"?

Dat Downgradeton

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Dayum Congrats to Ubi, if i had a ps4/x1 now i buy it last week :)

Thats a full week of sales right? Since it came out Tuesday, im going to say 3.3mil-3.7mil Sold Week 1 is amazing (5 days)

Is this shipped+digital?

Edit: Also #1 in best sellers for amazon 2014 in a couple countries for the PS4 version

I think PS4 sku sold at least 40% total of that (so about 1.6mil-2mil by itself O.o

if that is true then that is insane, especially considering it was released on pratically every other platfomr minus Wii U and portables. Cant wait to see what boost PS4 and Xone got from this and MK8 for Wii U if any at all.

Watch_Dogs 2 confirmed!

Impressive, indeed, especially from a new IP. I certainly thought it had the potential to be a hit but did not expect numbers like these in its' first week. Well done Ubisoft.

Train wreck said:
What makes this sellthru special is that there is no Japan nor is there a free game offer with it, but it goes to show that games, pretend hype or not, are still selling at a good clip. wish Ubi would break down console split.

Why do you have to put MK8 down for like that? You totally just side swapped it with that comment -_-.

Just kinda weird, makes you look kinda salty for MK8 sales, when this thread had nothing to do with it. 99.9999% of games dont do that promotion, yet your singling out MK8.... Ok???

News like this also tell us that gaming is in no shape or form dying, which is great.