By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Watch_Dogs sold over 4 millions units during its first week

A commercial failure in Square-Enix eyes.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Euphoria14 said:
Where is BenV to give us an idea of which version sold the most?

PS4 > XB1 > X360 > PS3 > PC

Wow, I thought it would sell best on last gen consoles. O_o

Now for the question many want to know, if you don't mind...

Is it PS4>XB1 or PS4>>XB1?

Why is that? Has their been a cross gen game this year, that has opened better on last gen?

Impressive numbers indeed. I wonder if the PS4 version could've reached 2mln sales. I noticed a massive advertising campaign in my country, which is really rare for videogames. Actually, a friend of mine thought this was a PS4 exclusive because of said advertisement...guess the whole "pretend exclusivity" thing is not so wrong after all.

DerNebel said:
Euphoria14 said:

Why is that? Has their been a cross gen game this year, that has opened better on last gen?

For some reason I thought I heard somewhere about the game getting lost of attention of last gen console owners.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

BenVTrigger said:
Euphoria14 said:

Thanks Ben.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network

Is shipped nmbers /someone in MK8 sales thread

OP: Congrats only to PS4, because we know is the best selling version (HW and SW)

Click HERE and be happy 

Euphoria14 said:
DerNebel said:

For some reason I thought I heard somewhere about the game getting lost of attention of last gen console owners.

Never heard that... maybe you misheard.

In other news: It looks like Reddit doesn't like this piece of information, MK8s sales news was upvoted like hell, for this I've only gotten a downvote until now.

Amazing numbers for an amazing game. Ubi deserves every single one of those sales.
In the end it turns out that both Ubisoft and Sony benefited greatly from the delay.

DerNebel said:
Euphoria14 said:
DerNebel said:

Never heard that... maybe you misheard.

In other news: It looks like Reddit doesn't like this piece of information, MK8s sales news was upvoted like hell, for this I've only gotten a downvote until now.

Seems I have and that makes me glad.

I would much rather see the newer consoles get the lovin'.

Currently playing:

EricFabian said:
Is shipped nmbers /someone in MK8 sales thread

OP: Congrats only to PS4, because we know is the best selling version (HW and SW)

Why shouldn't that be pointed out by people?

In this case it's still not clear, "sold through" normally means sold to customers, but this could also be a mistake from the PR guy.