By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

EricFabian said:

I'm f***k dead with this gif.

Nintendo Fans....

Around the Network

Just for the record.....this wasn't a surprise at all. I may have "predicted" some kind of lower number, but I did expect that it COULD do this kind of numbers. And it's not the first week, it's the first weekend. By next weekend, we'll be looking at likely at least 1.5 million total. Could be wrong, but not everyone is gonna rush out to get it the first weekend. And I still stand by my statement that MK8 has a good chance to outsell MK7 LT, simply based on the fact that it's actually fresh, a big jump for the series (in spite of a super-shitty battle mode), and there is actually a lot of hype around it, which MK hasn't had since at least MKDS.

EricFabian said:

me 3

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Any comparassion with the other first week of the other entries on the series?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

EricFabian said:

Kaz seems to be pretty happy with getting his ass kicked!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

There's no way anyone would have predicted this. Especially not me. Seriously, great job Nintendo. Hope this carries hype over for an E3 home run.

DarkRPGamer007 said:
Hardware is up 666% in UK alone, so I think hardware is pretty strong with sales.

Isn't 666% of 1 still only 666 units? :P

jk

Busted said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
Hardware is up 666% in UK alone, so I think hardware is pretty strong with sales.

jk

At least you didn't say  "666% of 0 is still 0!!111"!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well . . . at least I closer than other people. Great job by Mario Kart though. Haven't played it yet but everyone says it is an awesome game.

Busted said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

jk

no 666% = 6,66 units

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.