By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 sells 1.2 million over first weekend

Best selling nextgen games in 2014:

1. Titanfall (XOne): 1,808,086 in 11 weeks
2. inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4) : 1,329,996 in 10 weeks
3. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): 1,200,000 in 3 days

EDIT: Don't have the numbers for Watch Dogs yet.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
kirby007 said:
Busted said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
Hardware is up 666% in UK alone, so I think hardware is pretty strong with sales.

Isn't 666% of 1 still only 666 units? :P

jk

no 666% = 6,66 units

Still technically wrong :P An increase of 666%, means 766% of previous number (in the same way an increase of 5% means 105% of previous number) so it would actually be 7.66 units :D

yes and no, busted was talking about 666% and not a 666% increase

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Fuck Yeah! Awesome, fuck the haters! Go Wii U!

1doesnotsimply

tbh i assume VGC numbers for ww are between 250k - 50k lower then this, due to digital and sold to consumer and not sold to retail.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

also I did my part, got my copy on day 1 !! I hope it sells a lot more !! It deserves it

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
tbh i assume VGC numbers for ww are between 250k - 50k lower then this, due to digital and sold to consumer and not sold to retail.

Its also week ending Saturday, Nintendo is including sundays numbers

spurgeonryan said:
Note. He said sold. Not shipped, right?

But from Nintendo's point of view copies shipped are sold.

Signature goes here!

The fact that it's not even a full week yet since the game's release.. and already it's over a million. Good news for the Wii U, that's for sure. Now I'm anxious to see the hardware sales.

im curious if this will boost other Wii U games sales

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nice launch. I noticed in BB and Walmart that I was at last Friday that they had sold through all MK8 Bundles and only had a few games in stock/shelf. This was midday for both.

I'm sure they sold over 1m and easily shipped over 1.2. Have to remember that a good portion of that "sold" figure is via eShop as well. Likely 30% or more.