By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ryse would be praised if it was by Quantic Dream.

Tagged games:

Crytek is only good at graphics.

Around the Network
DucksUnlimited said:
curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

. We should be praising for being a well executed cinematic experience the same way Quantic Dreams titles are praised. Not trashing it for being a mediocre hack n' slash game.

No, we should be bashing Heavy Rain and Beyond as much as we do Ryse. ;)

Fuck you, diversity!

No, fuck you games trying to be movies. ;)

ummmm...
Honestly I haven't heard a lick about the story.
If we were to compare games that were much more similar, we would compare god of war with ryse.
Both are set in a similar setting, have button prompts, and waves after waves of baddies.

God of war, makes ryse look like spartan: total warrior, a game that came out roughly 6 months after god of war, and pales in comparison.
When you look up "games similar to heavy rain", you will never, ever see ryse. They're nothing alike.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

. We should be praising for being a well executed cinematic experience the same way Quantic Dreams titles are praised. Not trashing it for being a mediocre hack n' slash game.

This, the writing in those games is abhorrent.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Crytek is only good at graphics.

They aren't even good at that, at least where optimization is concerned.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DucksUnlimited said:

So you're saying if they developed a different game it would be received better? Well, okay.

And I think most JRPG fans would disagree with you.

No, I'm talking about what was marketed.

Most JRPG discussions are about the story, not the gameplay. I got some experience with the genre, take my word for it.

So, what I said in my first post? Well, okay.

That is some pretty serious goalpost moving. There's a big difference between "JRPG gameplay is terrible" and "people focus more on the story" (which is purely anecdotal and a pointless thing to try and argue anyhow.)

I still see Ryse as a complete game more than both Heavy Rain and Beyond which imo are more like interactive movies. Of course they'll be marketed as cinematics experiences and people who enjoy these will brag about graphics and story because gameplay isn't their strong point.

Ryse has graphics, story and they tried to fit decent gameplay mechanics in there but it needed more work.

People were harsh with this game for many reasons I will not talk about. Hope Crytek comes with another Ryse. It's not as bad as some would want you to believe.

curl-6 said:
DucksUnlimited said:
curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Fuck you, diversity!

You're giving them too much credit. They're trying to be average tv shows or mini series at most. Playing beyond 2 souls straight from start to finish is like binge watching Touch. Play no more than a chapter every other day and it can still be enjoyable.

curl-6 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Fuck you, diversity!

If your goal was to come across as closed-minded, you've succeeded with flying colors.

The whole "this product is different from what I enjoy/am used to, therefore it shouldn't be allowed to exist" line of thinking is incredibly childish. If you have a problem with other people being offered the oppertunity to enjoy something because you don't enjoy it, there is something wrong with you.

well i dislike both Crytek and Quantic Dream