By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA 5 PS4 exclusive @ E3!?

DerNebel said:
Shinobi-san said:
I'm with Kitler on this, i dont think Rockstar officially owed sony anything. Otherwise we would have seen the benefits of that.

Quite frankly i think the only thing Sony has with Rockstar is some exclusive bundles.

Well, they must have had some sort of contract with them about Agent and even Rockstar can't just say "lol, we won't make the game anymore" and get out of it like that, so they could very well owe Sony something (which they might have payed back already), assuming of course that Agent doesn't exist or isn't exclusive anymore.

i remember reading back in 2007, Rockstar went to Ken Kutaragi about the exclusivity deal with PS3 as xbox 360 was selling like Hotcakes and PS3 yet to be released.. Ken presumably thinking that the PS3 would smoothly carry on from the PS2's success, something it arguably did do in its initial years. And also its not about owing anything, just good will.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
It would be worth it for the meltdowns.

I dont know how fans would react to the news.. but i m pretty sure gaming media will make a big deal about it

I don't think it will matter much either way. It will sell, but it is not a system seller.

People who would but a console just to play GTA V would have already done so last generation.

DerNebel said:
taus90 said:
DerNebel said:
Jesus, would I love my ass off, if the PS4 got GTA V before the master race.

Doubt that'll happen though, doesn't seem worth it. An PS4 exclusive Agent on the other hand would be huge.

yes Agent being exclusive would b huge... but I dont see Sony investing money in acquiring its exclusivity and Rockstar wont give up whatever xbox user base will be at that time. So cant see it happening.. although i can see Getaway happening :D

Well they did already, they had a contract with Rockstar about that. Question now would be, if Rockstar would be willing to pay whatever they had to pay for breaking the contract, so they could release the game multiplat.

if thats the case, then i would assume they might have asked Rockstar to move the development to PS4 as WWS were churning out titles for PS3 at a steady pace. Also if there was a contract in place then I assume Megaton incoming for PS4 from Rockstar this E3, But i just assumed it was out of good will from Rockstar that they offered an exclusive to Sony.

taus90 said:
DerNebel said:

Well they did already, they had a contract with Rockstar about that. Question now would be, if Rockstar would be willing to pay whatever they had to pay for breaking the contract, so they could release the game multiplat.

if thats the case, then i would assume they might have asked Rockstar to move the development to PS4 as WWS were churning out titles for PS3 at a steady pace. Also if there was a contract in place then I assume Megaton incoming for PS4 from Rockstar this E3, But i just assumed it was out of good will from Rockstar that they offered an exclusive to Sony.

I don't think something as big as an exclusive from Rockstar is just done out of good will, there most definitely must be/have been a contract in place. Question is, if that is still in place or if it was already terminated.

Around the Network

That won't happen and even if it did then its not a big deal cause GTA V won't sell PS4s (not that the PS4 needs help anyways).

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Shinobi-san said:
I'm with Kitler on this, i dont think Rockstar officially owed sony anything. Otherwise we would have seen the benefits of that.

Quite frankly i think the only thing Sony has with Rockstar is some exclusive bundles.

...and correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't the gta IV dlc timed exclusive to 360.  the gay al and leather biker ones. 

man atleast put "opinion" in thread title

Maybe a Gen 8 port w/ timed exclusive DLC.

No way that they will leave out the Xbox One on the game itself.

OttoniBastos said:
well,if this happens PC community will shit blood.

The guys on GTAforums are waiting for a PC port.

Them I hope it happens =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.