By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA 5 PS4 exclusive @ E3!?

kupomogli said:

Doesn't matter.  Last gen port being a next gen exclusive isn't going to move consoles.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
taus90 said:

So Halo 2 remaster Is not going to help either ??? I dont care if it will move system or not... u missed the whole point of the topic.

Halo 2 is on the original Xbox.  If it's on the Xbox One it's going to be remade like Halo Anniversary was on the 360.

And I didn't miss the point of the topic.  tl;dr.   There's that.

oh u didnt! it was a simple question could there be a possibilty of GTA 5 port to b exclusive to PS4... BUT no you went ahead skipped it and said the title is irrelevant coz it wont sell. If u still think its related, then my opinion on Halo 2 stays irrespective of what gen it is from.

I'm with Kitler on this, i dont think Rockstar officially owed sony anything. Otherwise we would have seen the benefits of that.

Quite frankly i think the only thing Sony has with Rockstar is some exclusive bundles.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

DerNebel said:
Jesus, would I love my ass off, if the PS4 got GTA V before the master race.

Doubt that'll happen though, doesn't seem worth it. An PS4 exclusive Agent on the other hand would be huge.

yes Agent being exclusive would b huge... but I dont see Sony investing money in acquiring its exclusivity and Rockstar wont give up whatever xbox user base will be at that time. So cant see it happening.. although i can see Getaway happening :D

No

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
everyone talks as if rockstar owes sony something like it is fact. do we have even a shred of proof that their is any deal there?!?! i just don't believe it.

I couldn't find the video interview I saw with Jack Tretton, but Sony let Rockstar out of their contract of GTA (Sony had paid 120 million for timed exclusivity of GTA titles) in exchange for 3 exclusives.  Not sure what they'll be.

Maybe a GTA game for Vita?

Shinobi-san said:
I'm with Kitler on this, i dont think Rockstar officially owed sony anything. Otherwise we would have seen the benefits of that.

Quite frankly i think the only thing Sony has with Rockstar is some exclusive bundles.

Well, they must have had some sort of contract with them about Agent and even Rockstar can't just say "lol, we won't make the game anymore" and get out of it like that, so they could very well owe Sony something (which they might have payed back already), assuming of course that Agent doesn't exist or isn't exclusive anymore.

taus90 said:
DerNebel said:
Jesus, would I love my ass off, if the PS4 got GTA V before the master race.

Doubt that'll happen though, doesn't seem worth it. An PS4 exclusive Agent on the other hand would be huge.

yes Agent being exclusive would b huge... but I dont see Sony investing money in acquiring its exclusivity and Rockstar wont give up whatever xbox user base will be at that time. So cant see it happening.. although i can see Getaway happening :D

Well they did already, they had a contract with Rockstar about that. Question now would be, if Rockstar would be willing to pay whatever they had to pay for breaking the contract, so they could release the game multiplat.

It would be worth it for the meltdowns.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!