By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo never got the Game Boy Advance hardware quite right?

Lol, never thought of it that way. No GBA was perfect (except the Famicom GBMicro!!! I want the 2-player faceplate for that)

Yep.

Around the Network

I remember the first GBA game I ever played was Pitfall Advanced. I always kind of considered the SP to be it's system since it was such a huge upgrade from the original model. Games like Ruby & Saphire just blew my mind when they released, and I really loved the SMA series, especially Yoshi's Island (even though they were all just ports lol).

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

sc94597 said:
My favorite feature of the SP was the charger. I hated buying batteries before it.

I agree! The GBASP's AC Adpater Charger was a Godsend at the time!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

F0X said:
prayformojo said:
F0X said:

Nintendo eventually got it right. It was called the DS Lite.

I liked the original model because it was BC with Gameboy Advance games.

The DS Lite is also complatible with GBA games. Starting from DSi, however, it was dropped.

Then yeah, you're definately right. What's the difference between the Lite and regular models then? Just the shape and weight?

Alt-Ctrl-Delete said:
prayformojo said:
Alt-Ctrl-Delete said:
prayformojo said:
I still have my launch glacier Gameboy Advance it yes, I can confirm that it's by far the best version. The only issue was the screen because it had no backlight. There use to be a company on the internet called afterburner who would install a light, but they've gone out of business.

Did you purchase the rechargable battery pack for it or do you buy AA batteries?

I used my own rechargable AA batteries.

Oh I had the single block Battery pack.

I wasn't even aware that they made those. How did that work? Was it better than regular batteries?

prayformojo said:
F0X said:
prayformojo said:
F0X said:

Nintendo eventually got it right. It was called the DS Lite.

I liked the original model because it was BC with Gameboy Advance games.

The DS Lite is also complatible with GBA games. Starting from DSi, however, it was dropped.

Then yeah, you're definately right. What's the difference between the Lite and regular models then? Just the shape and weight?

The Lite's screen was bigger and brighter and it came with a larger stylus.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero