By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo never got the Game Boy Advance hardware quite right?

I didn't appreciate the full color brilliance of many GBA games until playing them on my DS. How did I ever play Castlevania with no back or front lit screen?

Around the Network

While the SP is too small for my hands now, back in the day it was the ideal handheld with its snap design. And the screen light button was a god send!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Loved my SP, till one day i accidently left it on a radiator in the house and next morning it had melted.

Was a sad day. It actually still worked but there was no way of removing the cartridge anymore, they had melded together as one.

"Then the DS went on to become the bestselling game machine of all time"

Slight mistake there, ps2 is the best selling game machine of all time.

My favorite feature of the SP was the charger. I hated buying batteries before it.

Around the Network

Imo GBA SP got pretty much everything right. A great back-lit screen, a charger (which one could also use with the original DS) and the best thing of all, its snap feature. A screen protection while making it comfortable to carry around was awesome.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

I freaking love the GBA. It's an amazing device with an incredible library, and one of the reasons I love the 3DS today is because it reminds me of the GBA.

Also, I'm half Nintendo realized that people want BIGGER versions of their handhelds, not smaller :P

I have 3 GB Micro Famicom Edition (2 still sealed). I love it!
SP Rev 2 is good, too.

Lack of a backlight with the original GBA annoyed me.

Looking at the GBA VC games now, I pity the artists who worked so hard on the games visuals when they ultimately were washed and glared out by the GBA's screen.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016