By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is using a Gamecube controller on Smash such a big deal?

I mean jeez, it's hottest trending topic on twitter and on the front page of reddit. New game announcements don't even get this much attention. Am I missing something here? It's just a controller. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

It isn't just any controller, it is the gamecube controller. The controller everyone knows smash bros for, the controller everyone has been playing smash bros with for over 10 years.

Clyde32 said:
It isn't just any controller, it is the gamecube controller. The controller everyone knows smash bros for, the controller everyone has been playing smash bros with for over 10 years.

Nintendo should just replace the Gamepad with the GCN controller if people love it that much. 

Best controller ever invented.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Best controller ever invented.

Better than the 360 controller? 

Around the Network

If you are competitive at Smash Brothers, the Gamecube controller is second to none.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

yes yes yes replace gamepad with cube controller

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Do you even Tendo?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Fusioncode said:
Clyde32 said:

Nintendo should just replace the Gamepad with the GCN controller if people love it that much. 

YES

fusion the gamecube controller is considered one of the best controllers ever made it was meant for smash bros worked great for the n64 one melee and brawl it fits with it

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3