By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WII U surpasses PS4 in japan

Deimos said:
zorg1000 said:
Deimos said:
Pavolink said:
Another line crossed by PS4. Selling below Wii U must a shame worst than FFXIII on Xbox360.

Really? Which PS4 games does appeal to the japanese right now?

Yakuza: Ishin, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends

Exclusives. Also the Wii U is 1 year older.

u didnt specify exclusives in ur last post, all u asked is what games appeal to the Japanese audience.

why is Wii U being a year older a viable excuse now? the majority of posters on this site were convinced PS4 was going to come along and destroy Wii U in Japan, i cant begin to count all the times i saw posts like, "Wii U is selling this poor without competition, once PS4 releases its all over". Now many of those people are saying its expected because no Japanese exclusives and not on the market as long.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Deimos said:
zorg1000 said:
Deimos said:
Pavolink said:
Another line crossed by PS4. Selling below Wii U must a shame worst than FFXIII on Xbox360.

Yakuza: Ishin, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends

u didnt specify exclusives in ur last post, all u asked is what games appeal to the Japanese audience.

why is Wii U being a year older a viable excuse now? the majority of posters on this site were convinced PS4 was going to come along and destroy Wii U in Japan, i cant begin to count all the times i saw posts like, "Wii U is selling this poor without competition, once PS4 releases its all over". Now many of those people are saying its expected because no Japanese exclusives and not on the market as long.

"why is Wii U being a year older a viable excuse now?"

More games, of course.

"i cant begin to count all the times i saw posts like, "Wii U is selling this poor without competition, once PS4 releases its all over"

I have never said that, also I think home consoles will not be a huge succes anymore in Japan.

I would expect a 300% boost from MK8.

And just like the Ubisoft lies on supporting Nintendo come out and say something like this is why we gave our support we knew they would start selling blah blah. Ubisoft never did support Nintendo, with their poor effort on ZombieU,its still a cool game I like a lot, i can jist tell they half assed it, Their backstabbing on Raymand Legends (reason why i will never by that game), with their delay in Watch Dogs and half assets effort port imagine if they actually released Watch Dogs at the same time with full support of the game pad and the endless stuff on how it could be used in that game I mean it is a game about hacking. Then their final backstabbing, their E3 confernce.

Ka-pi96 said:
zorg1000 said:

PS4 is doing pretty well in America/Europe despite pretty much all its games being available on PS3/360, why are people buying it there?

but anywho, whether or not those games are on PS3 as well doesnt change the fact those are popular series in Japan, which is what he asked.

But 2 of those games were available on PS3 before they were on PS4 and 1 is an expensive demo, so it is really only Yakuza left.

Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Battlefield, FIFA, and other PS4 multiplats were released weeks/months earlier on PS3/360 as well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
Anf just like the Ubisoft lies on supporting Nintendo come out and say something like this is why we gave our support we knew they would start selling blah blah. Ubisoft never did support Nintendo, with their poor effort on ZombieU,its still a cool game I like a lot, i can jist tell they half assed it, Their backstabbing on Raymand Legends (reason why i will never by that game), with their delay in Watch Dogs and half assets effort port imagine if they actually released Watch Dogs at the same time with full support of the game pad and endless stuff on how it could be used in that game I mean it is a game about hacking. Then their final backstabbing, their E3 confernce.

"Ubisoft never did support Nintendo"

Pff, Nintendo itself does not even make great use of the gamepad; Donkey kong just has a black screen, look at Rayman Legends on the Wii U, the gamepad feature is awesome.

Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of using the gamepad.

vivster said:
tbone51 said:
vivster said:
Still, PS4 will win LTD. I just don't see why Japan would be the only country that has WiiU leading.
Software will come and winds will change.

It wont do it anytime soonthough :P

soon enough for me ;)

well 2016/2017 doesn't look soon to me But hey, its not like it wont come

Deimos said:
zorg1000 said:
Deimos said:
zorg1000 said:
Deimos said:
Pavolink said:

"why is Wii U being a year older a viable excuse now?"

More games, of course.

"i cant begin to count all the times i saw posts like, "Wii U is selling this poor without competition, once PS4 releases its all over"

I have never said that, also I think home consoles will not be a huge succes anymore in Japan.

i wasnt directing that solely to u, just pointing out how some posters tones have completely changed now that things arent going the way they expected.

Deimos said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Anf just like the Ubisoft lies on supporting Nintendo come out and say something like this is why we gave our support we knew they would start selling blah blah. Ubisoft never did support Nintendo, with their poor effort on ZombieU,its still a cool game I like a lot, i can jist tell they half assed it, Their backstabbing on Raymand Legends (reason why i will never by that game), with their delay in Watch Dogs and half assets effort port imagine if they actually released Watch Dogs at the same time with full support of the game pad and endless stuff on how it could be used in that game I mean it is a game about hacking. Then their final backstabbing, their E3 confernce.

"Ubisoft never did support Nintendo"

Pff, Nintendo itself does not even make great use of the gamepad, look at Rayman Legends on the Wii U, the gamepad feature is awesome.

Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of using the gamepad.

What exactly does Nintendo not using the gamepad have to do with his post?

DolPhanTendo said:

And just like the Ubisoft lies on supporting Nintendo come out and say something like this is why we gave our support we knew they would start selling blah blah. Ubisoft never did support Nintendo, with their poor effort on ZombieU,its still a cool game I like a lot, i can jist tell they half assed it, Their backstabbing on Raymand Legends (reason why i will never by that game), with their delay in Watch Dogs and half assets effort port imagine if they actually released Watch Dogs at the same time with full support of the game pad and the endless stuff on how it could be used in that game I mean it is a game about hacking. Then their final backstabbing, their E3 confernce.

Completely off topic, aren't we?