By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Since no one else will say it; Destiny looks dissapointing

alabtrosMyster said:

Yup, I did not buy it when I heard of people finishing the campaign in 8 - 12 hours :-/

Add to this that this game require an online connection, so it means that one day the disc will be useless...

Where did that 500 million $ go?

All this and the forced PS4 parity with the XB1 version ... at least give us an option to see how it runs with an unlocked frame rate!

Is there more content planned? like missions you can do later? I am not interested in constantly re-playing the same "levels" in MP mode, even less in a competitive mode.

I guess I am not the target audience for this game (there seems to be a lot of people buying it, so I am not worried about their future).

The 500 million went into the nonexistant tv spots and other marketing. 

Around the Network

I'm sure the multiplayer is good enough, but I'm trying to stay away from multiplayer games and so I haven't really looked into Destiny, but apparently it's a big deal.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Daisuke72 said:

Seriously all previews we got from this game weren't great, mostly were mixed and one said it was boring. Bungie throws around all these buzz words about how massive and epic everything is, and the art style AND the gameplay looks EXACTLY like Borderlands, which has much more character than anything we've seen so far.

This game doesnt look fun at all, it lacks identity, and just a half hour ago a poster on NeoGAF who's played it via being a journalist accidentally talked about he MP while he was drunk. Basically calling it a CoD clone with small maps and being underwhelming. I have yet to see a preview of this game that shows it'll live up to the hype, I have yet to see gameplay that tells me it will. This game looks like a worse version of Borderlands, nothing unique about it other than the MMO functionality. 

Honestly it's dissapointing because before we got actual footage Bungie talked the game up so well, making it seem as if it was gonna be a game changer, I'm sure it'll sell but I'm willing to bet it flops review wise. And no, I'm not a butthurt Microsoft fanboy who's mad at Bungie, I'm a primary Sony gamer and even I see this game as bad. 

Currently has a 75 on metacritic and lowering, I called it. 

Bump because the DLC was a load of fucking crap

(clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap)

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

darkenergy said:

Fixed that for ya :P

Nuvendil said:

darkenergy said:

I don't know how to do gifs but thanks, by the way where is this from? I notice this is used often on the web.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
Nuvendil said:

darkenergy said:

I don't know how to do gifs but thanks, by the way where is this from? I notice this is used often on the web.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slow-clap

Citizen Kane it would seem.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Yeah, Im still playing the game, but I don't know why.

Every day I log in and do the same daily bounties I did yesterday, do the same 1 or 2 public events that I did yesterday, or play PvP on the same 3 or 4 maps I did yesterday.

I think that when House of Wolves comes out I am really going to stop. Having your gear become underpowered every 3 months is a little much, and as someone that doesn't buy the DLC the content I paid for at launch is sloooowly getting taken away from me.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

darkenergy said:

Did you know btw if there is a picture you are wondering the origin of all you need to do is Save the image to somewhere like the desktop, then go to https://images.google.com/ (it has to be google images, you can't just use google) and drag the image onto the search bar and it'll upload the image to google and search the net for where it came from. Tis really handy if you're trying to find where funny gifs and stuff come from.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive