By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Since no one else will say it; Destiny looks dissapointing

Dallinor said:
eva01beserk said:

SO far no good news, not a single good first impresion. This was nothing but hhype then. The worst part is that it still sold great day one, and people will regret it later. There should be a preoder clause, that if your game sucks you get your money back or something. Just to stop the hype and then feeling like you got riped off. Or cancelling preorder all together. Or leetting reviewers rate the game first before letting consumers buy it. Even if I dont base my purchase entirely on reviews, I still read them to know wha the game is like, cuz trailers and devs overhype the game to much.

Did you even read the impressions?

Yes I did and the best impresion had mix feelings at the time this morning? Not sure if it changed by now, but seeing as it got 85 metacritic, the reception was right and was ok, nothing gamechanging.

Edit: its now 81

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
foodfather said:
I can't call the game awful, its nice to play has nice graphics and a very smooth UI. But in terms of content, depth and story its hopeless.

Wait you got the game? After slamming it for months?

I dont know where I have been slamming it for months, but my hype was reserved but I certainly was vocal of my criticisms, including the exclusive deal which I hated from the start. 

Yes I have the game, I really doubt I will bother completing it though. 

People defending the content have to admit that in the long run, playing the repetitive mission, locations and objectives is going to get boring. 

I still haven't hit the stage that I reached in the Beta, maybe another hour or so, but if things dont improve, I don't see myself playing this game. Like I said, there isn't anything bad about the way the game plays except for the way you select missions, but there just is no long lasting appeal for me to continue playing it. 

There have been plenty of games in the past which offer very little story but still do a great job at keeping you comming back for more, Borderlands is the perfect example. unfortunately Destiny doesn't have a fraction of the charm or variety. 

As Pug said, its a game to play in short doses , but I already have the perfect game for that; Titanfall.... 

The game is realy cool. the art is outstanding and its just a lot of fun.
Play it with your friends if you have some, because its even better with friends

im not keen on it, very repeptive and just a bit lifeless

they promissed world of doom but all we got is cod in space...

Around the Network

Wow, the game's barely out and the hate's out in force already. I wish I could say I'm shocked, but I was honestly expecting this. Just goes to show how stale and boring the gaming community has gotten.

Yup, I did not buy it when I heard of people finishing the campaign in 8 - 12 hours :-/

Add to this that this game require an online connection, so it means that one day the disc will be useless...

Where did that 500 million $ go?

All this and the forced PS4 parity with the XB1 version ... at least give us an option to see how it runs with an unlocked frame rate!

Is there more content planned? like missions you can do later? I am not interested in constantly re-playing the same "levels" in MP mode, even less in a competitive mode.

I guess I am not the target audience for this game (there seems to be a lot of people buying it, so I am not worried about their future).

JinxRake said:
Wow, the game's barely out and the hate's out in force already. I wish I could say I'm shocked, but I was honestly expecting this. Just goes to show how stale and boring the gaming community has gotten.

Thread was made months ago lel. 

It's a good game.

Not great, not amazing, and not the game of the year by a long shot, but they're just my opinions and everyone is entitled to their own.

I find it quite repetitive and the world whilst pretty visually, is fairly sparse.

I'm not a fan of the multi-player at all but that could be because I'm more fond of tactical shooters like Battlefield and I hate twitch shooters like COD.

I can see why people are disappointed with it though. It was hyped up almost as much as Titanfall and we all know what happened with that game.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Daisuke72 said:
JinxRake said:

Thread was made months ago lel. 

Recent replies are fresh though.
And I'm not talking of just here either.