By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Since no one else will say it; Destiny looks dissapointing

Mr Puggsly said:
MoHasanie said:
sales2099 said:
Well this certainly goes against the status quo.....mainly PS fans that value its pretend exclusivity and would elevate this game as high as possible.

Yeah I agree. The PS fans are saying its not boring and the MS fans are saying it looks very boring; 

Now both sides seem to agree... its only kinda boring.

Nope, its not boring. Its a blast. When you get past level 15 it really opens up. Only point I was bored was like levels 4-8 so. That has alot to do with the fact I was retreading the same content from the Beta and was doing it solo.

Games I have beaten the past 12 months (or played a ton)

Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider:DE, TLOU:R, Diablo 3:UEE, NFS:Rivals, Infamous, FF14, AC:BF, Killzone, Star Ocean 4, and I probably missed a few.... Destiny is the best game out of all of those. Yes there are slow moments, but they are by choice (sometime I just want to do explore mode for an hour to relax).

The only gripe I agree with is the story. If you went into it expecting a sweeping epic you are definitly not pleased. The story is nothing more than a vehecle to take you to all the exoctic locations in the game.

Another point, most of the people who dont have it or the minority who dont like it are the ones talking. The who like it, are you know playing it. For instance this is the 1st time all day I came on here (getting ready for bed) and most of my friends list is the same, I normally see 12-15 people online at any given time and usually all in different games, there has been over 20 contanstantly and all but 2-3 are playing Destiny.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

And im surprised how people doesnt might having less content, and they are happy to buy the dlcs
If anyone wants to blame the dlcs, blame the consumers who are buying it.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Faust said:
a few eary impressions

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/destiny-ps4-xbox-early-reviews-and-observations

SO far no good news, not a single good first impresion. This was nothing but hhype then. The worst part is that it still sold great day one, and people will regret it later. There should be a preoder clause, that if your game sucks you get your money back or something. Just to stop the hype and then feeling like you got riped off. Or cancelling preorder all together. Or leetting reviewers rate the game first before letting consumers buy it. Even if I dont base my purchase entirely on reviews, I still read them to know wha the game is like, cuz trailers and devs overhype the game to much.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

SvennoJ said:
So it seems it's not worth it for single player?
Can anyone still recommend this over Metro redux?

If you are looking for a single player experience then go with Metro all the way.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

SvennoJ said:
So it seems it's not worth it for single player?
Can anyone still recommend this over Metro redux?

Metro is a way better game for story, it is excellent actually....

Around the Network

I am having so much fun in this game. But I guess people will have different opinion

bigjon said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Now both sides seem to agree... its only kinda boring.

Nope, its not boring. Its a blast. When you get past level 15 it really opens up. Only point I was bored was like levels 4-8 so. That has alot to do with the fact I was retreading the same content from the Beta and was doing it solo.

The only gripe I agree with is the story. If you went into it expecting a sweeping epic you are definitly not pleased. The story is nothing more than a vehecle to take you to all the exoctic locations in the game.

Another point, most of the people who dont have it or the minority who dont like it are the ones talking. The who like it, are you know playing it. For instance this is the 1st time all day I came on here (getting ready for bed) and most of my friends list is the same, I normally see 12-15 people online at any given time and usually all in different games, there has been over 20 contanstantly and all but 2-3 are playing Destiny.

I finished most of the story and its tedious. The campaign sucks, the only thing that makes it remotely enjoyable is good gunplay and co-op. It kinda feels like I'm just playing Halo's Spartan Ops or Firefight and I wasn't particularly impressed by those either.

However, the Devil's Lair strike mission was genuinely fun. I look forward to playing more strike missions but there are few.

I wouldn't tell anyone this game is a blast, that's misleading. Its a good game for those who enjoy a co-op shooter (killing waves of enemies with other people). Those who want a good campaign or PvP, keep expectations low.

A lot of people are playing Destiny now because it just came out. You'll likely see a lot less activity on this game in a week or two.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Seems like a great game for a particular type of person. I played through Diablo 3 exactly once, and never felt like playing through it again. I enjoyed my run through, but didn't care about MP at all (actually annoyed by other people around, lol). I feel the same about Destiny, I'll play through the SP once, then bin it. Grinding for more gear, and replaying the same areas over and over sounds less fun to me than anal surgery. The PVP looks god awful as well.

But the worst of everything is the tech. The 360 version is 95% as good as the PS4/XB1 versions, and 30fps is a joke for a cross gen gimped title. They claimed the Alpha/Beta were really old builds, but honestly they looked basically identical to the final release. It's going to look actually terrible compared to true next gen games. Hell, Halo 5 will probably make it look like a NES title by comparison, and we will eventually get true non-cross gen FPS titles optimized for PS4, and those will be eye-meltingly awesome of course.

It's going to be an absolutely massive hit, which is a bit disappointing in some ways due to how underwhelming it is. Imagine if they had just aimed at 8th gen as the baseline instead of boat-anchoring everything to be played on Gen7 consoles. They'll probably ride this horrible engine for 2-3 years as well. Ugh.

All that said, no offense to anyone who really loves it. Have fun with it.

Arkaign said:
Seems like a great game for a particular type of person. I played through Diablo 3 exactly once, and never felt like playing through it again. I enjoyed my run through, but didn't care about MP at all (actually annoyed by other people around, lol). I feel the same about Destiny, I'll play through the SP once, then bin it. Grinding for more gear, and replaying the same areas over and over sounds less fun to me than anal surgery. The PVP looks god awful as well.

But the worst of everything is the tech. The 360 version is 95% as good as the PS4/XB1 versions, and 30fps is a joke for a cross gen gimped title. They claimed the Alpha/Beta were really old builds, but honestly they looked basically identical to the final release. It's going to look actually terrible compared to true next gen games. Hell, Halo 5 will probably make it look like a NES title by comparison, and we will eventually get true non-cross gen FPS titles optimized for PS4, and those will be eye-meltingly awesome of course.

It's going to be an absolutely massive hit, which is a bit disappointing in some ways due to how underwhelming it is. Imagine if they had just aimed at 8th gen as the baseline instead of boat-anchoring everything to be played on Gen7 consoles. They'll probably ride this horrible engine for 2-3 years as well. Ugh.

All that said, no offense to anyone who really loves it. Have fun with it.

Shots fired!!

sales2099 said:
MoHasanie said:
sales2099 said:
Well this certainly goes against the status quo.....mainly PS fans that value its pretend exclusivity and would elevate this game as high as possible.

Yeah I agree. The PS fans are saying its not boring and the MS fans are saying it looks very boring; 

But even neutral people are saying in previews that the game is boring. The Kotaku one comes to mind

Well... I am loving Destiny.  Best game I have played in a very long time.  Loving all the cooperative play and loot.  Only knock against Destiny so far is the story, it is very unfinished, but since this is mmo'ish I can forgive that as it will probably be adressed in the expansions.  it is a solid 9/10 for me!