By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Since no one else will say it; Destiny looks dissapointing

Euphoria14 said:
SvennoJ said:
So it seems it's not worth it for single player?
Can anyone still recommend this over Metro redux?

If you are looking for a single player experience then go with Metro all the way.

Kinda figured after the first impressions of a friend, all he had to say was, it's just another shooter. I've already played 2033, but have good memories and don't mind trying for a better ending this time. Should look nicer too, when I played 2033 I still had a 1280x1024 monitor and a pc that couldn't keep up.

I had hoped for a good sci-fi story campaign in Destiny after KZ SF's below average experience (story wise, excellent visuals with terrible acting) Guess I'll keep waiting.

Around the Network

Metro LL Redux definitely looks far better than Destiny tech-wise. And it's double the framerate lol.

and this is the bigger new IP ever made...
and everyone one runs out to buy it.
Let's see how quick it will be in the trash bin...
but nothing will ever change, people believe the hype and will keep buy sealed box just because....

good on this company, I wish I was able to make so much money out of a non good product!

Switch!!!

Arkaign said:

But the worst of everything is the tech. The 360 version is 95% as good as the PS4/XB1 versions, and 30fps is a joke for a cross gen gimped title. They claimed the Alpha/Beta were really old builds, but honestly they looked basically identical to the final release. It's going to look actually terrible compared to true next gen games. Hell, Halo 5 will probably make it look like a NES title by comparison, and we will eventually get true non-cross gen FPS titles optimized for PS4, and those will be eye-meltingly awesome of course.

It's going to be an absolutely massive hit, which is a bit disappointing in some ways due to how underwhelming it is. Imagine if they had just aimed at 8th gen as the baseline instead of boat-anchoring everything to be played on Gen7 consoles. They'll probably ride this horrible engine for 2-3 years as well. Ugh.

All that said, no offense to anyone who really loves it. Have fun with it.

It should be noted the 360 version is (or was?) running at a resolution about a one-third of 1080p. The visual disparity between 7th gen and 8th gen versions of Destiny are significant.

Personally, I don't care much about 1080p. That resolution is nice but 60 fps has more impact on gameplay. So I'd be happier with 792p (not 720p) if they got a solid 60 fps.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

fedfed said:
and this is the bigger new IP ever made...
and everyone one runs out to buy it.
Let's see how quick it will be in the trash bin...
but nothing will ever change, people believe the hype and will keep buy sealed box just because....

good on this company, I wish I was able to make so much money out of a non good product!

this is a VERY GOOD product though...

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

It should be noted the 360 version is (or was?) running at a resolution about a one-third of 1080p. The visual disparity between 7th gen and 8th gen versions of Destiny are significant.

Personally, I don't care much about 1080p. That resolution is nice but 60 fps has more impact on gameplay. So I'd be happier with 720p if they got a solid 60 fps.

It's basically resolution though, the game design and engine/modeling are 7th gen all the way. Literally nothing about this game is 8th gen other than 1080p.

Agreed on 60FPS > 1080P for a shooter. 720P or 900P @ 60FPS would be better. But the really sad thing is that it's just not necessary with such an ugly game to limit it to 30FPS in the first place. Metro Redux is a gen above Destiny graphically, and what's the framerate/res on that? Exactly. Screw the cross-gen hatchet jobs. Halo 2 HD will look far better than this muck. And yet Destiny will sell by the metric crapton due to hype/marketing, challenged perhaps only by COD:AW. I'm far from a big COD fan, but AW definitely seems better to me personally from what I've seen.

Looks like a sci-fi verison of Diablo3 to me after alpha and beta.
My friends and I bought D3 on hype and we all got sick three weeks later.

I haven't played this game. But I saw similar meta critic scores with Diablo 3 PC and wrote it off as a bunch of angry trolls. I ended up buying that game and throwing the disc in the garbage. I'm not going to fall for that again Activision.

I can't call the game awful, its nice to play has nice graphics and a very smooth UI. But in terms of content, depth and story its hopeless.

Arkaign said:

It's basically resolution though, the game design and engine/modeling are 7th gen all the way. Literally nothing about this game is 8th gen other than 1080p.

Agreed on 60FPS > 1080P for a shooter. 720P or 900P @ 60FPS would be better. But the really sad thing is that it's just not necessary with such an ugly game to limit it to 30FPS in the first place. Metro Redux is a gen above Destiny graphically, and what's the framerate/res on that? Exactly. Screw the cross-gen hatchet jobs. Halo 2 HD will look far better than this muck. And yet Destiny will sell by the metric crapton due to hype/marketing, challenged perhaps only by COD:AW. I'm far from a big COD fan, but AW definitely seems better to me personally from what I've seen.

Well the 8th gen versions of Destiny have triple the resolution, significantly better shadows, sharper textures, and other visual improvments. Those are the visual details that use the most resources. For example, just changing the resolution and shadow quality can have a significant impact on performance in a PC game.

Metro Redux looks great, but its a linear shooter. Its games with large streaming worlds we often see only achieveing 30 fps on PS4 and X1.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)