By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Sony is going to lose E3 2014!

I wonder what is going on here, and what does it matter what games you show at E3 if they don't review so well... case in point last year's XB1 showing at E3, I am not fan, but I honestly prefered their conference (the crazy guy who produced the PS4 conference with those zoom and pan everywhere but on the game demos did not help).

Yet, Sony won the aftermath!

Ad for the whole "PS4 has no games" and "delay station" these are fanboys wet dreams at its best, it goes along the secret sauce + cloud power + whatever the xbots came up with to push their agenda... it's not 2 or 3 games delayed on a library of over 60 already that will change the world (yay! over twice as many the the xb1 has to offer).

So we shall see what both companies have to offer, so far it seems all MS is rumored to offer is: Halo remake, maybe a teaser of the new Gears game (like the Halo teaser from last year, that does not mean much)... + 2 un-anounced games and the usual 3rd party stuff.

We know Sony has a lot of studios that did not announce or demo anything for the PS4 yet, we know of project Beast though leaked screenshots... 

I would not be so fast to give the crown to anyone this year, however I must admit that MS has much more showmanship.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

I agree, the whole point of the E3 is for companies to convince us, you said it yourself: Tell us why we should buy your console TODAY.

The key word is TODAY. Most games that are going to be announced have a relaese date beyond 2014. They should convince us to buy the console TODAY, not in a couple of years.

There is one big game coming out this year though, and that's Driveclub.

It makes you wonder why these companies don't announce games that are a couple of months away from releases, as opposed to years. It's as though hype is a drug which people are fiending for, or something.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
Anfebious said:

I agree, the whole point of the E3 is for companies to convince us, you said it yourself: Tell us why we should buy your console TODAY.

The key word is TODAY. Most games that are going to be announced have a relaese date beyond 2014. They should convince us to buy the console TODAY, not in a couple of years.

There is one big game coming out this year though, and that's Driveclub.

It makes you wonder why these companies don't announce games that are a couple of months away from releases, as opposed to years. It's as though hype is a drug which people are fiending for, or something.

You can be so poetic sometimes.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Sorry autor, just 2 things and Sony will kill M$ and x1 will disappear of the Generation (last M$ console of course before selling xbox brand to Google(?):
-Uncharte 4 Gameplay
-The Last Guardian
-New killing IP

in front M$ can nothing because of their poor studios.

Ill probably find Sony's conference kinda boring, when they talk about PS Now, Morpheus, etc.  I'm expecting Microsoft to be all games, maybe a mention of the Halo TV show, but the rest games. 

Around the Network
rodboxxbouse said:

Sorry autor, just 2 things and Sony will kill M$ and x1 will disappear of the Generation (last M$ console of course before selling xbox brand to Google(?):
-Uncharte 4 Gameplay
-The Last Guardian
-New killing IP

in front M$ can nothing because of their poor studios.

You sound familiar...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

platformmaster918 said:
vivster said:
I don't really think there really is a chance for Sony to "lose". You know the Internet is Sony and the Internet decides who won. So Even if MS and Nintendo blow everathing out of the park and Sony did just average there will still be enough voices declaring Sony the winner that it won't be a clear loss.

which is good because most people who play games use the internet ergo most people who play games are Sony fans.

We will see a change soon though. Now that X1's internet browser is not behind the paywall anymore the Xbox fans can finally participate in the debate. If they even have time with all these fun games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I agree with OP. I haven't touched my ps4 since ISS . Now enjoying watchdogs on my xbox one. Also since Order has been delayed till next year,, theres no first party exclusives for me to look out for :(. Hopefully they annouce more first party games coming out this year as i can't kepe on playing indies all year round lol

vivster said:
platformmaster918 said:
vivster said:
I don't really think there really is a chance for Sony to "lose". You know the Internet is Sony and the Internet decides who won. So Even if MS and Nintendo blow everathing out of the park and Sony did just average there will still be enough voices declaring Sony the winner that it won't be a clear loss.

which is good because most people who play games use the internet ergo most people who play games are Sony fans.

We will see a change soon though. Now that X1's internet browser is not behind the paywall anymore the Xbox fans can finally participate in the debate. If they even have time with all these fun games.

If anything, internet participation is proportionate to how many of aforementioned fun games are available. Choice is actually a BAD THING, because it appears to cause a gestalt collapse, whereupon the subject's brain becomes overwhelmed, and at great risk of shutting down. The only escape from the mind-numbing array of choice - the only way to remove all those whelms - is to rush to the keyboard to tell everyone about it.

EDIT: For further evidence of this, see: "Console Wars", c.1990 and beyond.

Extracts taken from "Fuck This Shit I Am Going Back to Board Games" by Mister Smiff BSc., MA, OB/GYN

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

@Ka Pi --- yay welcome to the club :) . i am thankful for the free indies that come with psn plus but afterawhile i get sick of playing them . Might check out transistor though as i heard that was awesome. Was looking forward to order coming out this year :(. In saying that,, i play more on my ps3 then my ps4 due to psn plus and FFX remastered edition.